Is it really getting warmer?

B MACK

Today I was looking at the weather of a few places on my lap top.   Kila,Montana  ,East Glacier,Montana    ,Death Valley, California   , Dead Horse,Alaska .       Amazing , most of the warmer temps. were years earlier than the colder ones.   I'll be darned ..

It’s no longer called global warming it’s now called global climate change!

but before global warming there was some talk to we were headed to a new ice age.

The truth is that the climate on this planet has been constantly changing.

look at all the civilizations in the Middle East that is now a desert but 2000 years ago was not.

The real question is what affect, if any, are we having on the change 

NASA had the best answer to this when they were discussing activity on the sun. They stated that they don’t understand what is going on.

Years ago I was talking to Dr. Lucy Jones, Caltech earthquake spokeswoman, and I asked her how it was possible that the tech tonic plates could slide over each other without grinding them up, her response was that they don’t truly understand what is going on.  

• Like 1

I think so JoeH, from what was explained to me this has been going on since the beginning of time 

If we think about even 500 years ago fires would of burnt uncontrolled from one end of North America to the other, the same in Australia and no doubt Africa and South America 

Volcanoes have erupted and spewed more into the atmosphere in one day than man has in the last couple of hundred years 

Huge floods that spread many miles wide (up to 30 miles and behond) were a big part of a large area of inland Australia 

We really have no idea using the tiny snap shot of records we have 

I often think of WW2 and the mind boggling quantities of fuel used, whole cities burnt to the ground, the Coral Sea was polluted with out any thought and yet on the grand scheme of things it made no difference at all 

It feels to me that the sun is getting more intense than ever before, but that could be me just getting older

Paul 

• Like 2

If you look at history, either local or world wide, you can see the winters in North America have become less severe. Are we still coming out of the ICE age many thousand years ago???

And remember that there must have been jungle on the present Arctic areas for there to be oil under them???

• Like 1

Brocky

On 10/8/2020 at 5:38 AM, Brocky said:

If you look at history, either local or world wide, you can see the winters in North America have become less severe. Are we still coming out of the ICE age many thousand years ago???

And remember that there must have been jungle on the present Arctic areas for there to be oil under them???

Yes, exactly.    The same with eastern Montana and western North Dakota,   and all that oil. And eastern half of Montana was a inland sea.  And go to the high desert at Berlin, Nevada and there is a dig site with a fossil of a prehistoric 25 - 30 feet long  fish.   So that high desert was once covered with water also.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bullheaded said:

LOL  Alex, can you believe all the highways from the Sault to White River and Hornepayne were already closed today and transports crashed. Unreal. This new breed of people suck.

Wow and it's just the start of the season. 

Not sure about it.....  it seems all the mountain roads I have to deal with on my route still suck just as bad year after year... in fact, that’s one thing I’m not going to miss after retirement... sliding all over the road set of joints ..... I’ll be in bed sleeping in stead.... lol .. bob