More on Mirrors/Dogs

I can't remember who posted it, but someone (a while back) posted Mack's "o-fficial" guide to bulldog emblem placement on vehicles.  I can't find that old thread!  Maybe whoever posted it will remind me.

But, I was thinking about 1 particular section that said the dogs should face forward if placed on the side of the truck.  So, the dogs on the mirrors should face inward toward each other, so that (when viewed from the side) they would be facing "forward and inward".  If they face outward away from each other, (when viewed from the side) they would be facing "rearward and outward".  We don't want our pet bulldogs backing down the road!  A couple of examples off the web...

Correct...

5e46f2ac3ec05ac2d12d0a78.jpg.c0044f7c88d7f1fc1c00b8cacd56efbd.jpg

Incorrect...

964273310_1987MackRmodelad.jpg.ead626cc39c195624db7d6d19709f322.thumb.jpg.343b1a14aae3e77668c68bb7c10aa0e2.jpg

• Like 2

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

11 minutes ago, Dirtymilkman said:

I had a nos set of mirrors from the 80's and according to the box labeling they should be how the dogs in the ad are. 

I don't doubt it.  I mean, they did release that ad with the mirrors turned that way.  But, if you follow the "dog forward" rule, they are backwards.

I keep hoping that whoever posted the official Dog Rules from that earlier thread will post them again here.

44 minutes ago, AZB755V8 said:

I go be the old story I was told, so it is a really old story now.

A dog is your best friend and being a best friend you never point your ass towards your friend only someone passing by. I'd rather have a dog lick me that have his ass in my face as with the mirrors!

Same with the mudflaps. I have always pointed the faces in and was told that was correct by many people. That is why they made right and left facing bulldogs, Respect the drivers!

I was told by one guy that they should be facing outward to bark at the passers by buy not correct, I like the other way just asses out and poop on them. :loldude:

Dog_mirror.thumb.jpg.3fa8daf45a2a30b6496d3437f84da955.jpg

Mudflap1.thumb.jpg.9edc69e2caf97dbc89ea2bdb60e69678.jpg

Mudflap2.thumb.jpg.3fd76cb6ce4457a26bce26a0ab0cd63f.jpg

I love it!

Spose eye'm a nut case wen it comes to things evenly balanced and pointing the right way

About 2015 when we got the Mack Titan and made it user friendly

twaz about the time wen Mack came out with new logo

it lookd like the dog was only facing one way

so eye rehashed the logo and got m cut out on reflective vinyl

n here the result

IMG_5880.JPG

MackNewLogo.bmp

• Like 1