We pulled the hub covers on the front wheels tonight.  There is an inner dust cover.  Wondering how to remove it.  Didn't seem to pull off or turn easily.  Didn't want to bang on it without knowing more about it's removal!  Thanks in advance for any insights.

Did a lot of interior detail work today, painting.  Tomorrow is a day off for me (MLK Jr. Day) so I plan to do lots more and will post pictures tomorrow.

Cheers!

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Popped the seat frames and original seats in tonight so I could sit in my truck for the first time on something other than a milk crate!  Don't mind me...I'll be here making "vroom-vroom" noises and g

Ya'll - I have paint!  Doors are done.  Goal is to have the cab done by the end of this weekend.  I'm one happy girl - I think the truck is, too!  The rest of the truck will be this color with a white

Thanks for all the insight.  My husband, Dan, is an experienced welder/fabricator with lots of time logged on fuel tanks, specifically.  Love seeing all the suggestions!  My new exhaust manifold is be

Posted Images

Still have my question about removing the inner hub covers and am also wondering about door rubber seals.  I only have a couple of little sections still present, but it's so badly dried that I can't remove it without it crumbling.  Trying to determine if the universal "D" shape 3M stripping will work.  Also still pondering a creative headliner solution.  Now that the interior is painted I don't feel like it's so urgent, the flat black kind of makes the roof "disappear" for now. Any thoughts on any of these? 

Today? I donned my respirator and got the rest of the interior painted this morning.  Now tackling the door jambs with my retro hammered paint in small sections.  Shifting levers are detailed and ready to reinstall. Just ordered the last of the supplies I need to start upholstery.  My husband and I tackled two big dents in the cab (one across the back above the window and one above the driver's seat (under the horn mount). With a little patience they have been worked out. Sure am glad to have married a fabricator! 🤩

The work is getting visually gratifying and exciting!  Thanks for following along.

Cheers!

Most recent pictures (just a couple today) will load first: https://sjcreativevt.pixieset.com/skippymack/

Skippy, Contact Bub Warren at Diamond T Rubber in Amarillo TX, 806-374-3056 or lilyellowbus37@gmail.com he also stocks rubber parts for Macks and other makes.

• Like 1

Brocky

If you use them, get a copy of the catalog, first. There are images and measurements inside that are not on their website. The images are actual size so you can make easy work matching up what you need for clips and special items.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, h67st said:

That's cool...you have a seat out of an H model!

The bottom cushion of the driver's seat was clearly not made at the same time as the other cushions.  It was evident before I got to this tag, although the exterior was a near perfect match.  Based on the condition of the back cushion, I suspect it had worn through and was replaced with this one.  I sent some pictures over to Royersford Spring Company - still in business in Pennsylvania and got the attached response.

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 4.44.54 AM.png

• Like 1

I see you are working on cab interior ,do you have a line on where to get new rubber pads for the clutch pedal, I have a 'L' mack and the pedal in you photo looks the same. thanks in advance

18 hours ago, SkippyMack said:

The bottom cushion of the driver's seat was clearly not made at the same time as the other cushions.  It was evident before I got to this tag, although the exterior was a near perfect match.  Based on the condition of the back cushion, I suspect it had worn through and was replaced with this one.  I sent some pictures over to Royersford Spring Company - still in business in Pennsylvania and got the attached response.

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 4.44.54 AM.png

The seat company is about 2 miles from where I work.  

• Like 1
13 hours ago, 609albert said:

I see you are working on cab interior ,do you have a line on where to get new rubber pads for the clutch pedal, I have a 'L' mack and the pedal in you photo looks the same. thanks in advance

I don't.  My pedal doesn't have a rubber pad, not sure if the texture was welded on aftermarket or was manufactured like that.  I simply painted it.

She came out real good I don’t necessarily think it matches anything but I do like the design by the way our birthdays are the same day ha ha.bob

11 hours ago, mowerman said:

She came out real good I don’t necessarily think it matches anything but I do like the design by the way our birthdays are the same day ha ha.bob

It's all part of my master plan...it will come together visually!