America has a Silent Black Majority

Red Horse

2 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

I think of this forum and another that I frequent as my main stream media 

Guess that makes me a bit of a looser 

Paul 

Not at all!  But you know which media outlets I was talking about.

• 2 weeks later...

working class,,,entire different species,,,,,,rioters,all on government assistance,,,,im thinking we pay for them to be out there,biting the hand that feeds them...lol.thats where the lotsa bullets,come in handy....save a window,save a cop,,and another assclown off the streets,and out of the taxpayers pockets,,,win win situation...:idunno:....bob

• Like 1
  • Like 1

I feel that welfare and the other assistance problems need to be there but they are not a career.

The current system needs to be reformed.

I had an employee who was a single mom who was having trouble making ends meet and welfare told her to quit her job to collect benefits. Fortunately she came to me and I authorized her to work a little overtime to make it.

The system needs to be reformed with the goal to get most, if not all, of the recipients off of welfare as soon as possible. Yes the training and or education will cost more initially but at the end the recipient will then be paying into the system.

• Like 2

On 6/19/2020 at 6:49 AM, HeavyGunner said:

I’m with you Paul. We don’t have and never have had antenna or cable or satellite tv. At first because it was too expensive and now because you are bombarded with ads, agendas and the news is pretty much worthless. It’s about equal to the national enquirer in my opinion. Just flashy headlines to get you to look with absolutely no truth or facts behind it just feelings and party lines. 

Almost the same with me. No TV antenna/cable and news only from the net being patiently readed to filter off BS and hidden advertizement.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

7 hours ago, Quickfarms said:

I feel that welfare and the other assistance problems need to be there but they are not a career.

The current system needs to be reformed.

I had an employee who was a single mom who was having trouble making ends meet and welfare told her to quit her job to collect benefits. Fortunately she came to me and I authorized her to work a little overtime to make it.

The system needs to be reformed with the goal to get most, if not all, of the recipients off of welfare as soon as possible. Yes the training and or education will cost more initially but at the end the recipient will then be paying into the system.

I agree with everything you said. The trouble is getting the Democrats to vote for programs to help people get off of assistance because then their voters base goes away once they are self sufficient and can have thoughts on their own when not sitting around with their hands out they likely won’t vote for someone who they only voted for before because of the promise of more handouts. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

As budget "holes" go, welfare doesn't exist anymore and it's replacement, TANF, isn't much more than a rounding error. The biggest chunk of government spending is federal, over half of that is military and a lot of the rest is contractually mandated insurance programs like Social Security and Medicare. If you're looking for savings the low hanging fruit was the military budget, but with unemployment over 10% you don't want to force a lot of military folks onto the job market. So good luck cutting the federal budget, no matter who wins tax loopholes will have to be plugged and trillions more borrowed. At the state and local level there's not a lot of fat to cut and in this recession sales and income tax receipts are down so there's little potential for savings their. As for your half baked political theory, the majority of the young voters the democrats are trying to woo are working at low wage jobs, so a $15 an hour minimum wage is a lot more appealing to them than welfare. If you're looking to cut spending, shut down the scams and close the loopholes that let millionaires get free health care and make millions more without paying a cent of tax.

45 minutes ago, Mack Technician said:

Don’t be offended, but I think Georgia Dave has that Lady Blah-Blah Blocker turned on like Heavy G. 

It’s like sitting on a sunny beach without the bugs or seagulls annoying you. You could almost say it’s paradise 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

19 hours ago, Maxidyne said:

Just about everything you said in that reply was false.

EVERYTHING I stated was the God's honest TRUTH!  I witnessed it for 28 years and I know it is still happening!  I found the last child to be brought out of that fire.

When added up, the public assistance benefits for a single mother of three, including food, housing, utilities, and healthcare, exceed the wages of people who earn $15/Hr on a full time job.  To top that off, she will pay no income taxes nor property taxes and no FICA taxes.  Why would she ever work?

• Like 1

We had a guy not make it through training for a mixer driver because as he put it and I quote, “ I can make $930 on unemployment a week and not leave my house”.  That’s $23.50 an hour for a 40 hour week. Now if you take a guy like this and give him a job and the others on assistance a job where they can support them selves and pay taxes like most of us do, can you imagine the amount of money that would flood the economy In the form of business and the treasury in the form of taxes?   So maybe it is a poor argument to say to get off the aid and get a job, but I believe there would be an almost unimaginable wealth that would come over our great nation.  

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, GA_Dave said:

EVERYTHING I stated was the God's honest TRUTH!  I witnessed it for 28 years and I know it is still happening!  I found the last child to be brought out of that fire.

When added up, the public assistance benefits for a single mother of three, including food, housing, utilities, and healthcare, exceed the wages of people who earn $15/Hr on a full time job.  To top that off, she will pay no income taxes nor property taxes and no FICA taxes.  Why would she ever work?

Not in Minnesota, especially when you figure in that a family of four with one member working that $15 an hour job will probably get health care through work or be eligible for subsidized health care if not. We structure our assistance programs so you are always better off working if you are able.

24 minutes ago, storkmack said:

We had a guy not make it through training for a mixer driver because as he put it and I quote, “ I can make $930 on unemployment a week and not leave my house”.  That’s $23.50 an hour for a 40 hour week. Now if you take a guy like this and give him a job and the others on assistance a job where they can support them selves and pay taxes like most of us do, can you imagine the amount of money that would flood the economy In the form of business and the treasury in the form of taxes?   So maybe it is a poor argument to say to get off the aid and get a job, but I believe there would be an almost unimaginable wealth that would come over our great nation.  

In Minnesota and many states UI is capped at 2/3rds of previous wage, with an additional $600 a week during the current crisis. Even two decades ago I didn't crawl outa bed for less than $20 and hour, and in an area like Chicago you need to offer at least $25 an hour. Sounds like you need to raise your wages...

1 hour ago, GA_Dave said:

There's been little to no public housing built in the last four decades, and much of what existed has been torn down.

Edited by Maxidyne
  • Haha 1