Granite Tractors

7 hours ago, gicknordon said:

20200529_123347.jpg

Volvo Hub reduction Rsend...

Edit. Looks like the Drive has the Euro (335PCD) Wheels & the Steer has 285PCD wheels...

Edited by Hayseed
  • Sad 1

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

On 5/28/2020 at 7:29 PM, 1965 said:

So your saying the 5th wheel is going to be where it’s at now? That much frame behind the last axle? Got to be a special trailer. Like to see 1.

Here's a couple pics from Nortrux out west.

90e83ca564ffcfab7f44da1dcc3f3ead.jpg

929bb0b6f1c7163dff8e9fe75504b95a.jpg

c09ac1d9b3b155ec940b33a1c4e74087.jpg

On 5/28/2020 at 2:19 PM, General Ike said:

I get it... pogo stick and associated lines throws me off a bit more than the 5th wheel which is easily removable to another unit.  Just cant imagine using it as a tractor with the frame rails that far behind the axles.  There is obviously a ton of stuff it could be used for.  Maybe going to Canada and will get a dump body and the air and power will be used for a dump trailer?   

Id guess a british columbia logger set up.

unnamed.png

Camelback was great.  I know when I go into a job site with an RD on Camel”break my”back (driver lingo) that I’m going to get in and out.  That being said the trunion sucks.   They rust and they crack.   Once they get past the point of patching in the mixers we replace them with aftermarket ones made of 3/4 plate.   No where for material or moisture to hold up and rust.  From what I have heard, the Volvo spring ride is nice to work on.   

After reading all of this I am still trying to figure how a trailer would work behind the triaxles  with the fifth wheels. This F model had a fifth wheel, a pusher axle, and the long frame from the factory. 

IMG_0076.JPG

1 hour ago, kscarbel2 said:

The rear suspension appears to be a 4-leaf Volvo RADD-TR1 with Volvo planetary hub reduction axles (26 tonne RTH2610F or 32 tonne RTH3210F?).

I'm getting out of touch because I haven't been studying truck specs daily anymore like I used to......but isn't that the same suspension as the Mack M-Ride? Or at least the same style? Or is there a difference.

Last time I looked at buying a new Mack I was thinking about that M-Ride, but then many members here told me to stay away.

I know it "looks" very similar to the Freightliner Tuff-Trac and we have had a few trucks with that and never had any issues with it.

6 hours ago, Bullheaded said:

I'm getting out of touch because I haven't been studying truck specs daily anymore like I used to......but isn't that the same suspension as the Mack M-Ride? Or at least the same style? Or is there a difference.

Last time I looked at buying a new Mack I was thinking about that M-Ride, but then many members here told me to stay away.

I know it "looks" very similar to the Freightliner Tuff-Trac and we have had a few trucks with that and never had any issues with it.

Yes its a heavier duty version of the Mride. There is one above this one pictures as well thats used on the planetary drive straight trucks that some of the south american companies order.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...