Old Mixers

autocardc

3 hours ago, storkmack said:

I will lay down a challenge here and ask for someone to post a Donald Duck mixer truck.  

Conrock and Livingston-Graham had them in Southern California.

Edited by RoadwayR

6 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Hah!- well given its age I hope it goes out with a 2 yard order 😎 I think the 7.8 Ford was replaced in like 94?? so you folks are running one that is probably at least 26 years old!  If nothing else says you must have a pretty good PM program.

We try to!  That truck is a 92’ and we have a 94’ With an 8.3 Cummins. Newest mixers on the road for us are 01’ RD’s.   Bought 2 05’ Granite’s yesterday.  The Louisville’s stay around because they aren’t Really worth anything and when you need them they are priceless 

On 5/21/2020 at 1:43 AM, carlotpilot said:

the pictured truck most likely had a 534 gas engine and a5x4 trans.` could have been an 1160 cat

Carlot- Right on the 534, if it was a Cat the "Super Duty" badge would have been replaced by one saying "Diesel". 

Hah- go in any Ford dealership today, pick the oldest sales guy and ask if he knows what the first Super Duty was.  You will  get a blank look.  That one is a beauty-from the triaxle to the big rubber front axle with the rubber splash guards.  As for that step tank? Even if there was another one on the other side that  little tank would keep a guy on the road  turning that drum at that, maybe until noon😎 That cab was introduced in 61 -without the "high roof"-I think that came out in 66- but I think for something that came out 60 years ago, it was a great design.  Ask a non truck person to ID the age of that truck and I would bet most would not come close.

And Terry- your dad did not fool around- steel forms???

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Red Horse said:

And Terry- your dad did not fool around- steel forms???

Dad was doing alright at that time, salesman for CW Transport at Ft Wayne, IN and about to get his own terminal in the Findlay, OH area. The late 60's until the late 80's a person could make very good money in the trucking industry. There was especially good money in the LTL world during that time then came deregulation....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...