Pictures of the Week

other dog

11 hours ago, hicrop10 said:

Is that old building in Seneca Rocks the one on 33?I’m always amazed at what you find on the backroads in the country.Would rather travel the off the beaten path anytime.Great pictures always enjoy them.

Yes, that's where it is. I've been across there several times before but I never noticed it. I turned right at this stop sign and pulled over to take pictures of the rocks and the building was to the right, sitting back off the road a ways.

P1030361.thumb.JPG.64b5b05c0c183d57abedababa12e860c.JPG

P1030369.thumb.JPG.cedc6df249f1a2ebdf2765fafd8a80b9.JPG

P1030352.JPG.f389704d89c8268cb9d32053db75081d.JPG

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I guess I am spoiled the mill I worked for would buy us a pair of steel toe boots every year any brand you wanted. A couple of years ago bought a pair of Georgia boots from a farm supply store ok but not like the Red Wings I had. Bought a new pair of Red Wings about a year ago $292.00 with tax. Made in the USA with imported materials Worth every penny to me. 

• Like 1

Great photos Tom thank you I would like to go back in time and see what that old place looked like when it was operating and what kind of people were coming in and out as far as boots go I have had a hell of a time finding decent shoes past 10 years I finally wound up with bates police shoesThey hold up really well best  I’ve had in a long time but they’re also made in China comfortable and they breathe good and hold up 90 bucks a pair....bob

I always wore redwings then they discontinued the kind i used tried different brands and finally bought a pair of chippawa work boots been wearing them over 5 years 2and1/2 years in a transfer station were i worked i stood in mud, garbage, water, slop and other stuff best not named. 

• Haha 1

I've had a couple of people reccomend the Chippewas. I was going to get a pair of Wolverines at Tractor Supply when I got the Schmidt's but they didn't have my size. I liked the Rockys I used to get but they discontinued the Wellingtons that I always got.

21 hours ago, alex g said:

That is one rare burger. 

Yes it was, I don't even like a steak too rare, but i'm not eating a rare hamburger at all. I sent her a picture because she wanted to go back by the place she got it from and show it to them.

It really frost's my ass when you find something that is good value, made very well, made in USA, actually fits and then the company has to faze out the product.How often has it happened to you? Or the USA made product is so dam expensive you can't justify the cost over some Chinese made crap.Does labor on a mass produced product mean that much markup or some  ceo has to make 6 million a year plus stock options and then allow the company to run itself into the ground?

l've tried both Chippewas and Carolinas made in the USA logger style boots. The Redwing sales man said that they were the cowboy boot of the Northeast! Never got much more than a year out of them before l rolled them over. The ones l get now are Redwing  1412 and they last almost three years with the wide flat heel. Made in the USA for about $300.00.    .....Hippy

https://www.redwingshoes.com/work/mens/soft-toe/supersole-2.0-01412.html?cgid=mens-work-soft-toe

1 hour ago, 70mackMB said:

l've tried both Chippewas and Carolinas made in the USA logger style boots. The Redwing sales man said that they were the cowboy boot of the Northeast! Never got much more than a year out of them before l rolled them over. The ones l get now are Redwing  1412 and they last almost three years with the wide flat heel. Made in the USA for about $300.00.    .....Hippy

https://www.redwingshoes.com/work/mens/soft-toe/supersole-2.0-01412.html?cgid=mens-work-soft-toe

Damn, we wear the same RedWing’s.   

I wear them same style of redwings, have for about 30 years, and love them, would not wear a different boot at all.    terry:MackLogo: oh and on a different note, love that MB too!!👍

Edited by terry

On 5/5/2020 at 1:34 PM, davehummell said:

It really frost's my ass when you find something that is good value, made very well, made in USA, actually fits and then the company has to faze out the product.How often has it happened to you? Or the USA made product is so dam expensive you can't justify the cost over some Chinese made crap.Does labor on a mass produced product mean that much markup or some  ceo has to make 6 million a year plus stock options and then allow the company to run itself into the ground?

Right there with you but I buy all the American products I can find ...... But I flat refuse to pay $300 for a pair of shoes You got to be shitting me........ bob

Years ago i did work for a shoe company they ended up just making cheap sneakers out of the country they at one time were a large employer in the area all kinds of excuses but i think some was management and workers were to blame too. I did a lot of machine work for the company they had a nice machine shop and had three workers in the shop but they sent me things that they should of been doing in house i was in the place at least three times a week i never saw them doing anything. At one time my girlfreind worked there and you could make a decent wage toward the end i had to stand in the show room and bitch and carry on to get 30 over late payments. If that is what is going on in American factory's no wonder shoes cost like the dickens. I lost a lot of business when the push was on for free trade I had to let two guys go that worked for me. 

Lotsa folks had to feel that pain..... moving everything to teaka  land and every one was supposed to be ok with this and I was appalled to hear the plant owners had the odasity gaul to offer  plant  employees money to help them move over there (REALLY)???????? Bob

On 5/10/2020 at 7:32 AM, mowerman said:

Right there with you but I buy all the American products I can find ...... But I flat refuse to pay $300 for a pair of shoes You got to be shitting me........ bob

You’d really shit a brick if you saw how much my Whites 10” smokejumpers cost. I usually get 4-5 years out of a pair before sending them in to get rebuilt. I have to say I have really crummy feet and ankles and Whites will custom build them to your feet no extra charge and they are the most comfortable boots I’ve ever worn. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.