Cruiseliner

h67st

17 hours ago, Vladislav said:

the higth of Cruiseliner measuring over the cab's  top?

Depending on tire size, loaded or unloaded, the height ranges between 116.5 and 121.5 inches from a 1976 WS brochure.

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

7 hours ago, j hancock said:

Depending on tire size, loaded or unloaded, the height ranges between 116.5 and 121.5 inches from a 1976 WS brochure.

Thanks for the figures. It happened that I didn't find any of WS brochures to check out.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Al Wheeler was a Mack dealer in Las Vegas he told horror stories of trucks coming from CA. he said some did not even have oil in the rears, he had a yard full of  west coast F models when he died they scrapped them all, very sad day not only losing AL but the F cabs too, I was able to get his inventory log for Mack Western dated August 12 1975 which has orig. paperwork for the Cruiseliner and all the Mack Western trucks available that day, book has pages and pages of unsold inventory build sheets. just looked at book and it has all the Western Macks located in the US not sold. paper works say's it was sent out by Garner L. Davis.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2020 at 2:19 PM, kscarbel2 said:

The axle-mounted steering arrangement was a huge mistake. We sold far more steering gears than normal. The average customer replaced the steering gears three times over the life of the truck.

Was this also true for the Western Superliner's?

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.

• 2 months later...

What year was Hayward closed? And what was the production # of trucks produced there from its beginnings? Its curious to me that there were Macks being built there, but today you don't see ANY Macks in California.. or very few. I remember talking to a guy from the Bay are who bought a brand new Superliner in '81(?) He owned it for 35 years.. even he said he had the only one around..

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.

23 hours ago, Outbehindthebarn said:

What year was Hayward closed? And what was the production # of trucks produced there from its beginnings? Its curious to me that there were Macks being built there, but today you don't see ANY Macks in California.. or very few. I remember talking to a guy from the Bay are who bought a brand new Superliner in '81(?) He owned it for 35 years.. even he said he had the only one around..

Hayward was closed in 1981.  I don't have the production numbers for just CA built trucks.  Some Hayward models continued to be made in Macungie.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

• 1 year later...