Hold my beer 53 years apart

41chevy

It might not happen. The eastern gassers event I was running in May at New England Dragway is already cancelled. 

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

oooooooooohhhh for crisakes.....i really dig those gasser competitions.....that sucks wind..... reno is not taking this deal so seriously thank god but los angeles where i spend alotta time is getting a little more concerned.....i understand boston is going way overboard.so that doesnt surprize me....i think most places are more worried about deep pocket lawsuits,,,more than anything......thanks again for posting those cool videos....ive been messing with go karts for 50 years now,,,,and ive never seen them,,,,and never heard of that fella........that was way cool.............bob

Crazy stuff.  Just a bit more off center then EJ Potter and his rocket motorcycles LOL!!

There is already talk about "IF" the FE reunion gets cancelled the end of April?  Time will tell.

I made a quick stop at the store last night on the way home from work for a few simple items.  I passed the stockman putting up toilet paper and I asked "When will the hysteria end?".  He just groaned.  Luckily most of the stores around me are still fully stocked.  Unlike the big Walmarts and such where all the shelves get cleared off for no reason at all.

Bob, you're likely dead on with lawsuits.  The first time something bad happens and they "didn't" cancel an event there will be hell to pay.

Edited by Freightrain

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

3 hours ago, mowerman said:

oooooooooooooohhh forgot to mention,,,we spent alotta time at epping when i was a teenager..glad to hear its still there,and not condo,s now lol..bob

Epping is now a 400 mph Top Fuel NHRA Track but still caters to the bread and butter cars. Wednesday night is /was  grudge nite run anything from a KIA  to full race. Since I'm building 60 houses in Maine it's a 1 1/2 hour ride for me each way. Virginia was 1 hour trip and from Riverhead to E town or Atco when they were open was an all day trip.

I can't run in the Nostalgia Gasser class  the way my 55 set up. I run 2.5 to 3 seconds to faston time and 50 plus mph too much.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

rite on man,,,,,,sonoma is around 200 miles from here....they have drag strip and oval....wine country,,,,,entire area is gorgeous,,,real nice place to visit...i cant seem to find to many retro drags on thier menu....although im sure they hold them,,from time to time..bob 

Paul, my friend has a 55 Chevy and he and another fellow organized a gasser race at NED last year.  I believe they are calling it “gasser mania”, and are having at least 3 more races scheduled this year.  There is no ET limitation as I recall, I can put you in touch with them if you want.  I believe there is a Facebook page for it, but I’m not on Facebook, so I’m not sure. Andy

On 3/16/2020 at 1:27 AM, hurstscrambler said:

Paul, my friend has a 55 Chevy and he and another fellow organized a gasser race at NED last year.  I believe they are calling it “gasser mania”, and are having at least 3 more races scheduled this year.  There is no ET limitation as I recall, I can put you in touch with them if you want.  I believe there is a Facebook page for it, but I’m not on Facebook, so I’m not sure. Andy

East Coast Gasser Association put ET and MPH limts along with 4 speeds only , because "that's what real gassers have" . Mine has been a gasser since 1962 and for over 40 years ran a Vitar Clutch Flight.

I don't do facebook but if you could get me the info I'd appreciate it, I'm only an hour and a half away now.    Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

I just ran across this page on facebook the other day. It has tons of old photos of cars and drag racing, some of the local ones from this area too.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1543880112553183/media/photos

I even found a picture of this car there-

75580371_2526003527668771_368284701078585344_n.jpg.aace52317b8531b5fa69e4d86dc23376.jpg

I think i've mentioned this car on here before, because I saw it a Suffolk, Va. in the 70's. This is the Vette that had the big GMC six cylinder truck engine in it, hood scoop sat way off to one side. It would pull the front wheels like that every time he changed gears, all the way to high gear.  I think the car ran 10.00 or 10.01 every time I saw it make a pass, it was just fun to watch.

And here's those local guys- the Wisecarver brothers from just up the road. I thought this was a great picture-

2130158854_WisecarverBros..jpg.c054300bf5e1107b82951d436debe2d8.jpg

They had two identical Chevy II's, later they had a Chevy II wagon they raced, also a 66 or 67. This must be an early picture, because the lettering on the cars kept getting a little fancier.

361828657_wisecarverbros_905.jpg.726a0783c9611d5b66ce81db613db196.jpg

This is probably the latest picture.

1480844497_GaryWisecarverChevyII.jpg.329f89cafa4f5cf5d1eca6fadcc221bb.jpg

They also built race cars for other people too. I don't even know if they're still racing, but they were pretty big at one time, going to Bristol, Rockingham, Darlingon to race. I saw them on the TV at Bristol one time, and Gary's brother Charlie was the IHRA National Champion in his class one year. I knew Gary because he used to haul some chips to Westvaco in Covington for H.H.Moore in a Transtar with a 318 in it. Super nice guy.

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

After a year,  I finally took the time to figure out how to resize and post pictures again!  Hopefully everyone can see the images.   Sorry it took so long for the reply.  My friend and his buddy organized and run in the class, my friends name is Matt and the other guy is Kyle.  If you email the address on the flyer it will go right to Kyle, I made him aware you may contact him.  He is pretty tight with the track officials and management.  NED is an NHRA track, and they are pretty safety oriented, but they are pretty cool generally.  I doubt you’d have any issues.  Andy

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2020 at 11:29 PM, hurstscrambler said:

After a year,  I finally took the time to figure out how to resize and post pictures again!  Hopefully everyone can see the images.   Sorry it took so long for the reply.  My friend and his buddy organized and run in the class, my friends name is Matt and the other guy is Kyle.  If you email the address on the flyer it will go right to Kyle, I made him aware you may contact him.  He is pretty tight with the track officials and management.  NED is an NHRA track, and they are pretty safety oriented, but they are pretty cool generally.  I doubt you’d have any issues.  Andy

I'll send him an e mail in the A.M.  Thank again.  Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

man that blue and white nova,,is not hard to look at.......my mom hadda brand new 67 but it didnt look anything like that one,,,,picked it up december 66,,,i was with her....great memory....6 banger 3 on the column...4 dr sedan....lol...bob

12 hours ago, davehummell said:

I had a 292 built by s&s speed shop and i put it in a toyota fj45 long wheel base landcruzer pickup had plenty of power i always liked straight six engines gas or diesel.

Was S&S in Rochester N.Y.?

P.T.CHESHIRE