Right Out Of The Swift Training Manual

HarryS

30 minutes ago, tjc transport said:

remember when we used to be afraid  of a jbhunt truck near us??

swift has made jbhunt look like professional drivers.

And before them is was the Pumpkin trucks of Schneider. Used to see cabover IH's in the ditch, woods, lakes, rivers, etc. just about everyplace they weren't designed to go.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

4 minutes ago, Rob said:

And before them is was the Pumpkin trucks of Schneider. Used to see cabover IH's in the ditch, woods, lakes, rivers, etc. just about everyplace they weren't designed to go.

Becareful on picking on IH COE's. LOL.  My 13 letter $hit spreader COE goes into a lot barnyards. Wheels down of course. 😉

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

1 minute ago, ws721 said:

Becareful on picking on IH COE's. LOL.  My 13 letter $hit spreader COE goes into a lot barnyards. Wheels down of course. 😉

Not picking on the trucks at all although I strongly prefer a 4070 over a 9670 series. Learned to drive in a 4070A after grandpa threatened to "kick my ass up between my shoulder blades" cause I couldn't get the rhythm down for shifting a duplex in one of the Mack's consistently or should I say "as he thought". In hindsight me thinks he just liked to pick on me.    

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

12 hours ago, Rob said:

Not picking on the trucks at all although I strongly prefer a 4070 over a 9670 series. Learned to drive in a 4070A after grandpa threatened to "kick my ass up between my shoulder blades" cause I couldn't get the rhythm down for shifting a duplex in one of the Mack's consistently or should I say "as he thought". In hindsight me thinks he just liked to pick on me.    

That brings back memories of learning to drive truck and getting the threat of being punched in the arm if I missed a shift. The theory being if you remember why your arm hurts you won't f#@k up another shift. Ahh the good old days. No wonder the new generation drives automatics 😁

• Like 1

LOL!!  Oh my.  How true.  Its ok. I take it all in stride.  Not the same when drivers come up & say "your the 1st  one at the accident scene." My reply is  Well I learned how to drive years ago & I don't need that  piece of fiberglass out in front to aim with.   I will say that a 4070 has a lot more Style than my 9670.  As does a F model.  Those 2 trucks have classic lines

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2020 at 5:38 AM, alex g said:

That brings back memories of learning to drive truck and getting the threat of being punched in the arm if I missed a shift. The theory being if you remember why your arm hurts you won't f#@k up another shift. Ahh the good old days. No wonder the new generation drives automatics 😁

Alex was the guy's name Eddie that taught you to drive? l got the same thing except it was for using the clutch to shift. lt was a '68(?) 4070 with a 290, 10 speed, single axle Ryder rental. Bemis Bag Pepperell Ma. to Long Island NY. loaded with potato bags. Sure would like to see him again.    .....Hippy