9+ MPG Macks

You can get 16 front and 46 rears for sure. That's what the above truck has.

Actually you can get 69,000 tri-drive also. I have pics of that posted in this forum somewhere also.

Edited by Bullheaded

On 6/10/2019 at 2:56 PM, james j neiweem said:

You would think Anthems would be all over the place with these numbers. Took a trip to NH this weekend from CT. Saw may bee 4 Anthems. Very few CH Pinnacles. Lots of Granites.Saw more new Western Stars than Macks. What is up with ABF and UPS. No Anthems. ABF swithed to KW, And UPS to KW,Shaker and IH. Those new UPS shakers look like they can be bought at bargain discounts

KW and Freightliner are 10k cheaper than Mack so brown looks at bottom line. 

22 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Wondering what the plans are for use on of the truck with wanting a 65 ass end 

I can only guess some pretty heavy haulage type work

I wonder how it will ride as Mrs Mack isnt exactly smooth with a 58 ass end 

Paul 

Granite  blocks.The smallest are 10' x 10' x10 and the largest are 10' x 10' x 40 and steel / concrete prefab wave diverters built to needs.

21 hours ago, Bullheaded said:

What are you spec'ing the day cab tractor for 41chevy?

The Anthem is getting popular around here now for live bottom and wood chip haulers. Here is one I took a pic of last year I have posted in the forum here somewhere.

Gabrielli  in N.Y. and Excel in Va. both got specs I wanted but Gabrielli is talking with "engineering on best power plant to  use for my needs" with my trans, rears, load and terrain. Thats about 40% highway with the rest split between quarry roads, compacted  dirt and ocean beach.

Anthem day cab, with painted accessories and stainless bumper cover, twin 142 gal tanks, Maxi torgue T300, 65,000 dual reduction  rears on Camel back. Most likely a MP8 445SE-HE  for my low and mid range power band .

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 6/10/2019 at 9:28 PM, 41chevy said:

I've been looking to get an Anthem day cab. Decided I'm not leaving my kids anything but receipts. Spec'd out most everything I wanted. Asked the salesman at Excel in Va. a few questions and got vague answers.  Asked what the heaviest chassis available is and asked the differences between the seven different MP7 engines and the eight different MP8 engines. I know some with the letter 'C' are California spec but wanted to know what the 'A' ,  'E' , 'SE' , 'SE-HE' engines are. Sales man suggested the 5050 h.p. engine and the M drive was what everybody buys so get that. Hope thats not all the dealers attitude.

I won’t say I know you well but what I do know is you love custom old iron with big horsepower from the pics you’ve shared of some of your cars. If your goal is to spend all of juniors inheritance why not go big and build a custom older truck?  Kind of like a glider but with every bell and whistle you want?  Pick your favorite truck, add your favorite big bore that’s been warmed up of course and as Bob says have a ball with it while turning heads. Just my two cents. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

1 hour ago, HeavyGunner said:

Sounds like you’re having fun learning to drive that truck. Looks like a lot of fun. 

I use the 3 AM Generals and the old Autocar on the business. I don't need a zillion horses I need a specific low to mid power band  but mainly from idle to 30 mph. And new for the contract on the Federal site. My Marmon is not set up to go off the pavement and it is too old for the feds to allow on site. As for high power, don't need it for big granite I need gearing.  The biggest blocks weigh in around 120,000 +/ -

The toy is my B mixer. . Plans for a  Claiben nose, a MP-8 and M drive but the big job is when I left Virginia a few months ago was I laid out the measurements to quarter the cab to make it wider and longer. All in pieces and probably never have it complete.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 6/12/2019 at 5:20 AM, 41chevy said:

I'm thinking if I have to jump through hoops just to try and get what I want than what will be the act to get warranty and general support? Brand loyalty be damned I'll be talking to Autocar tomorrow.

It will be interesting to see what Autocar have to say

Paul 

8 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

It will be interesting to see what Autocar have to say

Paul 

They seem to be willing to work with me as far as requesting info on trailers, weights and terrain. More pertinent questions than the others.

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE