shutter cylinder

mack88

I have a 1987 Mack and the shutter cylinder is leaking Mack dosn't make them anymore is there other options like to keep original if possible it sits at the bottom of shutters cant see it cause of the fan shroud didn't want to take it apart just yet till i new what a person could do.

Is it like the old air shutter cylinder on my B?

It basically has a rubber cup seal that is held onto a rod with a small nut/washer.  I was able to find a matching new cup seal and rebuild mine.  Works great, no leaks.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

17 hours ago, mack88 said:

I have a 1987 Mack and the shutter cylinder is leaking Mack dosn't make them anymore is there other options like to keep original if possible it sits at the bottom of shutters cant see it cause of the fan shroud didn't want to take it apart just yet till i new what a person could do.

If you run out of option you can send it to me as there is an older gent whom will repair it with pretty quick turn around. I've had him do a couple for B series and one R and they don't leak. In the meantime pull the rubber boot back and get some WD-40 into the area to saturate the seals. Older ones were leather and took to this well.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

On 3/26/2019 at 4:49 PM, mack88 said:

Is this the cylinder your looking for. I've got 3 in stock 

20190327_170604.jpg

• 9 months later...