Winter Chaos

Mack Technician

Setting records for snowfall this month and dealing with the psychological fall-out.

1878521782_winterchaos2.JPG.f119c7bcb44ef6801bcfc3d94d46c9c5.JPG

Beer truck crashed a bank, hung-up and caused a shortage. Mayor issued state of emergency.

704997595_winterchaos3.JPG.e44f89bb33b042d1bf8032cf7a902b5f.JPG

Low front came in and dropped the factory steam plume over the highway, leading to 12" max visibility, leading to County plow truck careening into the local reservoir.

590179258_winterchaos.JPG.7ed3284a779e2feb4d0eb3218f40ba82.JPG

Been unable to maintain a good fire escape. The good news is we can walk onto the roof in one spot without a ladder and can accidentally fall/slide off the roof with no serious injury beyond a twisted wrist.

Edited by Mack Technician
  • Like 2

That's some major snow.  We've got a fair share of it lately but we've been bombarded with bitter cold. Yesterday was first time in 24 days we have had a high above 0. 2 weeks ago we set records for coldest day at -52. You know it's been cold when it's -6 and you see people in sweatshirts and they say it feels pretty nice out. Stay warm my friend. 

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

17 hours ago, HeavyGunner said:

That's some major snow.  We've got a fair share of it lately but we've been bombarded with bitter cold. Yesterday was first time in 24 days we have had a high above 0. 2 weeks ago we set records for coldest day at -52. You know it's been cold when it's -6 and you see people in sweatshirts and they say it feels pretty nice out. Stay warm my friend. 

-52!!! Dang, that's cold. When you talk, your words would probably freeze and then no one could hear them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are correct Brocky. I'm hauling for the city right now. Night and part of day shift. Our city got rid of all their old self propelled V12 Detroit blowers and now has 4 of these LaRue D60 loader mounted blowers.

We load under one on the street and this is one (along with a D8 Cat) in one of the 6 snow dumps we have. So in the last two months we have made 6 piles of this size .

And yes sometimes it does take until August before it is all gone. 

006 (Large).jpg

009 (Large).jpg

Edited by Bullheaded
Added Pics
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
I was rolling through the back 40 in the big picker and dropped my grapple into a suspicious 12' mound. Yup, white gold on July 8th. My goal is to produce a snowball in October that will legally constitute Wisconsin permafrost which survived winter-to-winter. Sometime in October you'll hear me on Coast-to-coast, sipping Moxie at 3 AM, nervously explaining to George Noory, "we aren't HEADING for an ice age, George ...…."WE'RE ALREADY IN IT!!!".   
1497068203_snowball.JPG.82f0f4bf2023a064771e6494cc2fb98c.JPG

Yes I heeeeeeeeee ya seems that’s all I see on my route October to June ...bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Mack Technician said:

I was rolling through the back 40 in the big picker and dropped my grapple into a suspicious 12' mound. Yup, white gold on July 8th. My goal is to produce a snowball in October that will legally constitute Wisconsin permafrost which survived winter-to-winter. Sometime in October you'll hear me on Coast-to-coast, sipping Moxie at 3 AM, nervously explaining to George Noory, "we aren't HEADING for an ice age, George ...…."WE'RE ALREADY IN IT!!!".   

1497068203_snowball.JPG.82f0f4bf2023a064771e6494cc2fb98c.JPG

Sell it on ebay as Faux N.Y. Dirty Snow. Someone will definitely buy it.

• Haha 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE