Sister To My LS95

CaptainCrutch

I know it’s a long shot but my 1953 LS95 worked with a 1954 LS85 Sedan Cab and last I heard about it she was sold for scrap back in 2014. If anyone knows for certain if she still exists that would be awesome. I wish I knew it was her when I saw it up for sale the first time. I’ve checked the Vin # and it matches.

Here’s the ad if that would help anyone: https://www.govdeals.com/?fa=Main.Item&itemid=1410&acctid=1581

I would love to know if she’s still around or really is gone for good.

Here’s the only picture I have of the 2 together.

1E5D1663-F454-4512-A220-0E125943E1DF.jpeg

• Like 1

Who needs a back yard when you could have a :mack1: Yard?!

• 3 months later...

In case anyone sees it I’m still interested in tracking this one down. If anyone has any pictures of it that’d be awesome because I’m having a hard time finding any. They don’t have to be new just any picture from any time of this rig will do. I have faith some parts of it are out there somewhere, but at this point I’m just trying to find more info to be able to possibly be able to identify it better. I’m unlucky enough to have never seen it in person or atleast remember seeing it. It’s district due to its square rear box fenders and sedan cab with twin molded roof lights and center dome rotator light.

Any help in this is greatly appreciated. I know there’s a lot of guys that would love to see it again after being lost. It mean a lot to them.

Thanks.

26CDDDEF-5025-4CC4-8F58-D2EBBD7C417B.jpeg

78161264-BECD-43CC-AFFF-53E773C5C727.jpeg

B1A966E3-8765-4B00-B28E-98F3D908640C.jpeg

5A402CAA-F951-403B-BB09-06A15FABE965.jpeg

919E2A85-FBAE-44C7-B5C9-03455683CBB5.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Some other engines that the company is searching for mostly so they can have as many of their old engines as possible for future musters. If you spot them or know their owner let me know so I could provide the company with information in the future if they don’t mind.

I’ve got leads on some of them and others the company does know where they are, but it’s just nice to have possibilities. In fact one of the engines pictured was at the most recent muster in just not sure which of the seagrave pumpers it was. Another one is still green and white and somewhere in Maryland to my knowledge. 

We’re also still searching for the sister to our CF which was a 1972 CF that went to California and disappeared. Most of the others can be tracked down but ironically only the sisters to my engines seem to have disappeared from the face of the earth.

6D358D41-1974-4C9F-B819-C238DD2C7B3D.jpeg

7854B39A-A1C3-42C8-98ED-2910C926CEA4.jpeg

3D057B49-1EDF-421C-B2D4-FEBEB40B20E6.jpeg

88D50ADE-C21A-4C1E-A749-EFA53122E561.jpeg

733D5E85-3A70-403C-9168-CE3C79CFD030.jpeg

9594916B-F727-4902-89C3-25C0829BEE59.jpeg

09557FF5-1BBF-4A46-B7CA-530994800EAD.jpeg

1DDDE82F-2955-4DB5-9302-B74046194DD2.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

After doing more research it looks like it was sold by IHC to the Greystone Park Psychiatric Hospital in Morris Plains, NJ where it stayed until July 31st 2014 when it was sold, and all sources lead to being sold to a scrap dealer but that’s not a definite. Just adding what I find as time goes on. All of this was pretty easy to figure out but hey, something is better than nothing.

Keep searching, and keeping us up dated .This will read better than an Agatha Christie  novel ..Might I recommend you do a satellite  google map search of junk yards with a hundred miles .

Edited by gxbxc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CaptainCrutch said:

After doing more research it looks like it was sold by IHC to the Greystone Park Psychiatric Hospital in Morris Plains, NJ where it stayed until July 31st 2014 when it was sold, and all sources lead to being sold to a scrap dealer but that’s not a definite. Just adding what I find as time goes on. All of this was pretty easy to figure out but hey, something is better than nothing.

Since the facility was shut down pretty much intact anyone ever asked if it was left there?

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

The Jersey government sold it when they went to knock it down and I can’t find it on google maps around the facility before 2014. Doesn’t mean it’s not there, I just can’t find it. It was bought by someone on GovDeals and then seemingly disappeared, and from what I’ve heard is seems like it’s somewhere down south which is a huge area to search. The old ad is in the top post.

We called them a while ago and they didn’t know anything, and gov deals would say anything to to us. Not that they probably know anything anyways, they probably just had to be at a certain place to meet a flatbed and hand over the paperwork.

• 2 months later...

Found a picture of it from above in the early 2000s before it was put up for auction. If this helps anybody in helping me find it if it’s still out there or understanding it’s story then that would be awesome and I wouldn’t be able to express my gratification for that. I would say the same for the sister to our 1973 CF600 but that disappeared without a trace before the days of the internet unfortunately.

3E276B72-E4F6-4B55-B15A-29630B930A8A.jpeg

And two more form the ground when it was still in service presumably in the 90s...

76B4FEFF-D73A-4029-B68D-F98CC3072A4E.jpeg

45CD3C11-7276-48B0-A2E3-A7FED52109B7.jpeg

• Like 2

From what I’ve read the diesel was put in it in the 90s, not too long before it was taken out of service, which was done so because Greystone Park FD was condemned. The 2014 listing said the motor was really low miles. I’ve said elsewhere that I won’t stop looking for it until I’ve found it or have found that it really is gone.

I would put ads out but right now unless I have a limited time to save it the money is better spent elsewhere, and not even knowing if it’s still around or not, and with some things happening that may require the 53 LS95 to be running and driving, which currently it isn’t, I think it’ll be awhile before I start putting money into locating it. Right now I just want to know bits of story I don’t and if it even is still out there. I’m kind of hoping someone out there has seen it in someone’s yard somewhere on their way to work or on vacation or something like that.

Now if someone were to find it and put a price on it that wouldn’t cause me to have to lose a kidney or something to buy it, I probably would buy it. Money is just tight right now and some things take priority over finding this engine and ensuring it’s in good hands. The reason why I’ve been posting more here lately is I’ve found more info when I had a few minutes and the thought struck me, and anytime I find something I post it here hoping it may be something that would help someone locate it or jog their memory of seeing it somewhere.

I will also say that if it’s in safe hands as it is I’ll leave it alone for a while, again money is tight and I just need to know if it’s safe or gone or if action needs to be taken to save it and fast. Who knows maybe it’ll pop up on Ebay or in some magazine and someone’s seen this and let’s me know.

I don’t know, I’ve just got a lot going on and this side project just picked up outta the blue. If anyone has any info even if it’s just to add to the story contact me!

Thank you all for the help you’ve given up to this point, it’s the little things that have brought me even this far!