Pete Movie Truck in Junkyard

41chevy

How did it make its way to a junkyard if it's worth so much to be sitting in a junkyard? Just saying?

Just because it says what it says doesn't mean it's what it says it is. I'm just saying.

Edited by tenfive0
  • Like 1

Mack 11E.jpg

1 hour ago, j hancock said:

Uughhh!  Too bad he couldn't have sent you a picture of the hood before you took that drive in the country!

Luckily I was in Gorham so it was only a100 mile trip each way. If I was in Virginia it would have been over 1400 miles round trip and I would have been P.O'd. But it is part of my Clariben quest for my mixer.

24 minutes ago, tenfive0 said:

How did it make its way to a junkyard and if it's worth so much why is it sitting in a junkyard? Just saying? Just because it says what it says it is doesn't mean it's what it says it is. I'm just sating.

Saw the movie trailer with the truck in it. Pretty violent running over a toddler and all. Value of the truck is the for me the Big Cam,  the Eaton RTOO-14619 trans. and plaque ,the truck is now just a worn out logger unit no movie star..

Truck movie trailer. Pretty gory.

https://youtu.be/Kv6QfPCPsv0

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 10/15/2018 at 9:40 AM, DailyDiesel said:

Interesting that a truck was built for the movie instead of just sourcing any existing rig for an afternoon of shooting.

Whited Peterbilt of Bangor supplied it for the  movie and did the final engrave on the tag, turns out it was an order for a company in Prineton and they were given some kick back before the unit was turned over to them.  For me it's worth the engine/trans for one of my Acars.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

When the Ford Louisville roamed the highways, Whited Ford sold a TON of them.  I was up in Bangor quite often in the early 90's and the Whited shop was going non stop with new truck upfitting and rebuild work.  Pulp was going good and everybody was super busy.

• Like 2

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

23 hours ago, j hancock said:

When the Ford Louisville roamed the highways, Whited Ford sold a TON of them.  I was up in Bangor quite often in the early 90's and the Whited shop was going non stop with new truck upfitting and rebuild work.  Pulp was going good and everybody was super busy.

Seems now every dump truck and Dump trailer combo  is either a Mack or International all I see for OTR is Petes Volvo and an occasional K.W. although Shaws wanted to get some Anthems but the lead time was too long to they bought Navistars.

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2018 at 3:01 PM, 41chevy said:

Seems now every dump truck and Dump trailer combo  is either a Mack or International all I see for OTR is Petes Volvo and an occasional K.W. although Shaws wanted to get some Anthems but the lead time was too long to they bought Navistars.

Paul, you have a message.

1 hour ago, Phase 1 said:

Paul, you have a message.

Got it, thanks for the info, already on Craigs list for 5 grand.

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 5 months later...

This Truck been coming knowledge to big movie prop and artifact collectors for 20 years. Didn’t know he was selling it. How much just wondering. Christine better. A close friend bought it right before they were going to destroy it. 

Edited by Michael W

14 hours ago, Michael W said:

This Truck been coming knowledge to big movie prop and artifact collectors for 20 years. Didn’t know he was selling it. How much just wondering. Christine better. A close friend bought it right before they were going to destroy it. 

That Pete isn't for sale unless as the owner said "I get a zillion bucks for it". The 5000  price you saw mentioned was for a one piece glass mack nose.

P.T.CHESHIRE

35 years ago a friend was getting into paving and was looking for used equipment to save a little money. i knew one of the local contractors was selling a roller and a few trucks, so i took Al to see him. 

when he said 10 grand for the 1958 Galion 6 ton rollomatic roller, i knew he was having a bad day and said see ya later.  he was normally a nice guy, but for some reason he would not sell that damn roller. 

for about 5 years whenever we asked about it he said "10 grand. take it or leave it. i got it , you want it. pay my price or get out"

in 1990 he died, and later that year they held an auction. we bought that roller, a 1980 F350, 1989 eager beaver 10 ton tag along trailer and a 1980 Autocar tandem dump for $4,500.

at the end of the auction when we were paying, his daughter came up to us and told us she was glad we got the roller and trucks, because if we did not buy them they most likely would have gone to the scrap yard. 

we later found out the F350 and dump trucks both had brand new engines in them. 

the 350 blew the engine due to lack of oil and only had 500 miles on the engine, truck only had 22,000 miles on it. 

autocar had a brand new 390 cummins in it. the truck was hit the year before and the car cracked the block when it hit the front axle.

new front axle and engine, then it was never put back on the road, but used to empty the asphalt plant. 125 miles on the engine, and 94,000 miles on the truck

all were still in use when Al died from a heart attack last year. 

Edited by tjc transport
  • Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

• 2 years later...