1945 Mack NR

Paso

I have been a guest for awhile decided to register on this site.

Seems like there is a good group of Knowledgeable members.

I have had this truck on the property for 10 years decided to do something with it. :)

I have lots of other projects going on some finished some not, and as the saying goes you need to start somewhere.

Interesting looking at the manifold on this Mack and it has the name LANDVA below the Mack name. ??? 

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Military NR ran the ED 131 h.p. Mack / Lanova's. The 1945 Mack NR would either be an NR14. with open cab and 1100x24 dualies, 7080 made.  NR15 or NR16 open cab cargo. 847 and 445 produced respectively.

The big Mack Lanova was the END605 rated at 144 horsepower

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Indeed the trucks are in Saskatoon. They have been here for a long time, The owner bought them from the US army when they were doing the Alsaka Highway. He himself worked with them building the Gardener Dam in the 60's i believe.

I was the one trying to sell all three on ebay an number of years ago. The owner is 96 years old. and a friend.

You were close 2 blue one green :)

I bought the property from him 10 years ago and they were here.

I bought the one you show above via a barter for rent.

This one is destined to be on the road again via mounting on a new chassis.

I just removed the cab today.

It now makes sense that they were recabbed as the owner says they are 1941 but the dash plate says delivery 1st month of 1945. 

DSCF4264.JPG

Great to hear from you!

No, the trucks are 1943-45 regarding to dual rear tyres. All earlier series rode on "super-singles" at the rear, 14.00-20 size. One of the trucks had a VIN plate on the dash as I could see from ebay pics. It was about 100 trucks away from my NR. I got info from Mack museum of the truck leaved assembly line on January 15 1945. So about that time your truck did the same.

Loading pics became trouble to many members on here during a couple last years. Some issue with the site software. Try looking "Site related topics" at the bottom of the home page. There were multiple requests to solve such a problem. If you find nothing to help there try contacting Barry. He provides the site work, you'll be able to find his account in that "Site related" either.

If you find yourself in trouble tinkering with your Macks or have a question about them feel free to PM me. To the mement I spent 8 years restoring my one and rest just a few bolts and nuts untouched in it.

Vlad

Edited by Vladislav
  • Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Hi Vlad

Thanks for all the info Glad to see you're 8 years into a restoration.

I wish picture posting was working properly as that sure makes for a great forum.

I hope to see pictures of yours.

It is pretty neat that your truck is only 100 away from mine, however perhaps we are closer yet , as the other truck here is delivered 1/9/45 # 13686.

The other is 13692 delivered 1/18/45

The third truck has no plate on the dash :( but number stamped on frame is 15591

Maybe i will contact BMT as i don't seem to get any notifications either when someone posts to this thread.

Wow Vlad  you truly are a craftsman.  That project when completed is going to be a masterpiece and you will be one proud owner.

Thanks for the links to the build absolutely amazing.  I notice some things on your donor trucks that i didn't realize were stock components from Mack.

I appreciate you sharing the history of the NR as you wrote above  yes my serial # starts and finishes as you stated.

66Dc i will try reduce the size to see if that is the problem but it says 9 mb  and i'm only loading 4 mb so it should work.

Obviously Vlad can upload pictures way back when :)

• Like 1

Many members on here had troubles uploading pics during recent years. That concerned even me. Good thing the thing I had to do was deleting or resizing some of my old attachments to manage my upload capacity. The latter was found limited after 6 or so years of posting pics. But many others got issues of different kinds. And it seemed to me many long time members cancellled their participation on BMT because of that.

Thanks Vlad  I will try reducing them even further,  I also don't post very much on a Forum i went to daily because it was such a pain to post pictures. Some web sites you go to it is such a dream so i tend to go there to as it is so much more pleasurable looking at other peoples projects or pictures of what they are working on, or talking about asking the question.

I'm glad i got to see your pictures keep up the good work. I will try attach a photo i just reduced to mobile small to see if that's the key. :)

20181025_121139 (Small) (Mobile).jpg

Good to see a couple of NR's getting looked after

I seem to recall you were looking for a different diff ratio for yours Vlad?

I may have that wrong , what ratio did they come with when new and what ratio are you chasing (this is of corse if you were looking for a different diff) 

Paul 

On 10/27/2018 at 5:18 PM, Paso said:

Thanks Vlad  I will try reducing them even further,  I also don't post very much on a Forum i went to daily because it was such a pain to post pictures. Some web sites you go to it is such a dream so i tend to go there to as it is so much more pleasurable looking at other peoples projects or pictures of what they are working on, or talking about asking the question.

I'm glad i got to see your pictures keep up the good work. I will try attach a photo i just reduced to mobile small to see if that's the key. :)

20181025_121139 (Small) (Mobile).jpg

Good to see you finally found the way to post images on here. Another thing I have difficulties identifying the content of this particular one. For sure everything I see on it was newer installed on a NR model from the factory :idunno:

Talking about the forum I spent many years participating on here and can state when you're familiar with ways to post and navigate no sufficiat issues accure to share and get info on BMT.

Looking forward to see more of the trucks you have. And I'm currently not on a daily basis on here either. Like many other long time members as I can see.

On 10/27/2018 at 9:57 PM, mrsmackpaul said:

Good to see a couple of NR's getting looked after

I seem to recall you were looking for a different diff ratio for yours Vlad?

I may have that wrong , what ratio did they come with when new and what ratio are you chasing (this is of corse if you were looking for a different diff) 

Paul 

Paul mate,

Hope it's still warm and sunny over the Brown land and your neck of the woods particulary. Right at the moment I see some flys doing rounds over the outside pole light. And a strange thing, those flys are white in color :D Brrr!

Happily I have a progress on them rear diffs. All NR's were equipped with 9.02 carriers from the factory. A book says there was some series of the trucks with 7.33 or so but those were early series bunch and a few in number and nobody knows for sure they ever existed. So 9.02.

With a help of one our fellow member I could purchase 2 sets of bewel gears off B-61 rear diffs. Don't remember the initial ratio but when combined with my spurr (bull) sets the result is 6.34. It seems quite good to me or even fast. The calculations gave me something like 92 km/h top speed but I'm not sure the truck would ever reach them with its stock 131 horse stable. Let's see. The actual progress is that fast that I have one of the diffs (mostly:D) assembled and going to put in the banjo (the next spring:D). The 2nd one is in the waiting line. Anyway those gear sets are an important point to pass by since I couldn't finish the chassis without them.

March.2018 028_resize.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Vlad If you need anything from the power train that I have just ask, as i would love to donate it to your project :)

I realize your quite far from me but if you are stuck and mine is free, we are not so far away.

I won't be using any of my power train unless i make a static display of the motor and trans.  :)

The picture is the back end of a 8V71 with a Vs2-8 overdrive transmission that i had removed from a bus project i have been working on that day.

I see reducing the pictures significantly are a breeze to post on BMT.

20181029_104818 (Mobile).jpg