Paso

1945 Mack NR

I have been a guest for awhile decided to register on this site.

Seems like there is a good group of Knowledgeable members.

I have had this truck on the property for 10 years decided to do something with it. :)

I have lots of other projects going on some finished some not, and as the saying goes you need to start somewhere.

Interesting looking at the manifold on this Mack and it has the name LANDVA below the Mack name. ??? 

it should read LANOVA. that is a 131 hp diesel engine 

• Like 1

There are two different sizes of Lanova.  The big one is an 862.  I don’t know what the smaller one is.   I think newer manifolds will fit on the 862 but am not certain.   

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Military NR ran the ED 131 h.p. Mack / Lanova's. The 1945 Mack NR would either be an NR14. with open cab and 1100x24 dualies, 7080 made.  NR15 or NR16 open cab cargo. 847 and 445 produced respectively.

The big Mack Lanova was the END605 rated at 144 horsepower

Edited by 41chevy