T-Line, successor to Diamond T, puts new medium truck into production

kscarbel2

T-Line/Whitman Custom Chassis Press Release

We’ve started building our first new medium-duty gasoline powered truck – 19,500 Lbs. GVWR powered by a 370 HP Chrysler 6.4L Hemi V8 engine.

The first production run of the new “Classic” cab will arrive August 10th.

Photo 4.jpg

Photo 3.jpg

Photo 2.jpg

Photo 5.jpg

9 hours ago, 12V71 said:

Waiting to see this one, very interesting. Personally I think the Ford V-10 would be a good gas option too. 

My neighbor bought a 3/4 ton pickup with the V10 about 10 years ago; he has flogged that truck and mistreated it but the motor just keeps on going.

16 minutes ago, h67st said:

Interesting how those rails are straight, no drop or taper.

Recall how the Mack Eastern R-Model had a tapered frame, while the Mack Western variant, the RL/RS Value-Liner, had straight rails. If one can get away with straight rails, there are cost savings. Generally today, it's impossible due to, for example, the width requirements of the cooling package (radiator) and the vastly increased amount of external engine accessories..

Has anything  really  materialized from this outfit ? All i've seen  is mock-ups and CAD drawings. I realize  Rome wasn't  built in a day, but could "one-at-a-time" assembly  be  profitable  in today's  day and age? I guess Osterlund  did do it that way . Wish him  the  best  of  luck .    Al   

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

4 minutes ago, logtruckman said:

I was talking to him this past spring about a classic glider set up for mack e7 engine and he said he could probably make one and would give me a price but he never got back to me. 

I'm guessing the E7 spec was the problem.

A little disappointed that the PSI 8.8L isn't in this truck.  Not that the Ram 6.4L isn't a robust and powerful engine, but I have my doubts about the Ram automatic transmission.  The 8.8L is still a larger and more heavy duty engine, and it teams well with the 2000 series Allison.

Starting to wonder if Navistar is putting PSI under pressure not to sell to other OEM's. 

• 2 years later...