Stop off in Mass Monday

41chevy

Going up to Brockton, Mass monday to drop off my funnycar chassis to be updated and re certified for 200 mph  Nostalgia Funnycar Racing, any one near by? .

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

2 hours ago, mrgumby said:

Going to johns racecraft? The wiff does great work

Yes, they were the most recommended in the Northeast and had the most knowledge experience to work with my Mickey Thompson chassis (made from Titanium) and is NHRA certified to do the up grades need to re-certify it for 200 mph minimum. Also has a NOS M/T motor mount plate I need for the Shotgun engine.

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

2 hours ago, 66dc75 said:

Gotta stop by my shop Paul. I'm 5 minutes from the Brockton line in West Bridgewater. I lived in Brockton my whole life until 2014

PM me your address, I'll swing by on the return. First long run with my Dodge 5500 pick up.

P.T.CHESHIRE

8 hours ago, hurstscrambler said:

Brockton is Rocky Marciano's hometown I believe.  I wish I was around as well, I live about an hour away  and will be working even closer in Needham.  It just probably wouldn't work out for me.  Good luck, Andy

Yup Rocky and Marvin Hagler. My first house (where my ex wife still lives) is one street over from the house that Marciano grew up in and 4 houses away from Hagler's mother's house. It's also about a ten minute walk to John's racecraft from that house.

Little bit of useless Brockton trivia.  The building Johns racecraft is in was owned by Wayne Arms who owned the Wayroc C600 that went to Australia. Building still owned by his family as Wayne passed away last fall.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, 1965 said:

That is a massive p/u. You want ever overload that bad boy. Does it ride a little stiff?

3 leaves out of the main spring pack  and 2 added to the load pack, makes the ride equal to a 3/4 ton

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

9 minutes ago, 41chevy said:

3 leaves out of the main spring pack  and 2 added to the load pack, makes the ride equal to a 3/4 ton

Good deal; is it geared to run on hwy? I got friends that has 550 & 450 fords with automatics & they are geared kinda slow for the hwy.

dont mean to mess this thread up, but that is a very impressive rig.

Edited by 1965
  • Like 1

Eighth gear is .88 O.D but I also adapted a Gear Venders O.D. made for a Dodge 1 ton  with a 6 speed trans. Had to make an adapter flange and sleeve, a modified cross member and a GPS speedometer.  All done brings it down O.D.  to .67 with the 3:91 rear.  Both diffs also have Air Locs.

P.T.CHESHIRE