Little Irvy

Truck Shop

I believe it is in the

stagecoach Museum in California. They have almost all Tyrone Malone and Bandags tucks and haulers and his "Smoky Bear" Corvette there on display and in storage. They are missing 3 or 4 units I recall, the red custom KW that was junked, the Hideout Truck which was in Texas, the Mini KW race truck and one other.

We took a lot of photos of them in the late 90's including his Freightliner called Defiance.

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Seen it too in 72, or 73 with the whale in the back. Remember looking the truck over but don't  remember the wide whitewall tires. I do remember the chrome rims however.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

On 3/23/2018 at 4:54 PM, Lmackattack said:

Where does one get the White wall tires in truck sizes?

This guy right here has a set for sale. And the Russian and Chinese military likes them too.

3526.jpg

W020091002362613924598.jpg

Edited by Truck Shop

One ping only

I saw Little Irvy and the KW at the Ohio State Fair back in the day. I met Tyrone at a Bandag shop in Columbus in 1988, he had several of his trucks there. He started up one of them that had a 6V92 with some huge turbos on it...that was a memory that will stick with me for a long time.

• Like 1

I believe it is in the
stagecoach Museum in California. They have almost all Tyrone Malone and Bandags tucks and haulers and his "Smoky Bear" Corvette there on display and in storage. They are missing 3 or 4 units I recall, the red custom KW that was junked, the Hideout Truck which was in Texas, the Mini KW race truck and one other.
We took a lot of photos of them in the late 90's including his Freightliner called Defiance.

Where is this museum located?

9 hours ago, Quickfarms said:

Where is this museum located?

They were in Newbury Cal but the collection is now in Minnesota since 2003  owned by Statecoach  Express Trucking owned by Gary Reese . His collection is in Hastings Minn.

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

They were in Newbury Cal but the collection is now in Minnesota since 2003  owned by Statecoach  Express Trucking owned by Gary Reese . His collection is in Hastings Minn.

Thanks, I figured the collection had left California since I had not heard of it.

• 1 year later...

Saw his whole set up at Upper Lakes Tire, Gaylord MI. Bandag dealer.  Grand opening 1976ish...Whale in blue refrigerated trailer pulled by matching KW. Conventional red KW with two single bunks, front was bar, rear was 4 bar stools.

both Red White Blue plus black Super boss dragsters, their carriers and smoky and the bandit corvette.

had autographed flyers and got a Super boss hat. 

I used to go see Tyrone's shows all the time when he came up to Canada. I have all kinds of pics and videos somewhere.

Those V12 Detroit race trucks sure sounded wild!

Tyrone was very nice to talk to. But some of his people were a little odd, LOL.

Edited by Bullheaded

Never heard of the "shark truck".  

I remember seeing him at Etown Raceway Park as a kid.  The Bandag recapper people were there in full force.

He would leave the timing tree for a 1/4 mile run ....  haul ass just to about the 1/8 mile mark and stand on the brakes.  The next thing that happened totally blew my mind.  He would crank the wheel hard left and start doing 360's in the middle of the track until you couldn't see him for the tire smoke.  He always brought the crowds to their feet and put on a great show.  What a showman!

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

On 3/25/2018 at 9:40 PM, Truck Shop said:

The whale was kind of freezer burnt actually.

But it was not too bad. In the early 1980's Micky Dee's made 60,000 Mac-Fish burgers from it

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

8 hours ago, h67st said:

I thought mine tasted a little dried out!

When my wife was alive she would not let me order at McDonalds or Roy Rodgers because I'd ask for a Flipper Mcfish or Trigger on a bun. She was mortified but the staff had no clue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

P.T.CHESHIRE