New toy in the box. U795

59 minutes ago, terry said:

looks pretty straight, how does the V8 run?    terry:thumb:

It actually needs frame rails and the cab has rust but beond that it is a very straight truck. The rust and old age always takes over after siting for a long time. The old girl does run like a top though

!

On 11/10/2017 at 7:28 PM, Yoos Brothers Construction said:

It actually needs frame rails and the cab has rust but beond that it is a very straight truck. The rust and old age always takes over after siting for a long time. The old girl does run like a top though

!

So will you splice the rails or replace the entire length?

Maxidyne, are  you old enough to remember when "cornflake" ran those Mickey mouse doubles where the tractor was a long wheelbase chassis and the the first "pup" slid up to the fifth wheel behind the cab?! They must have been a thrill to drive as they seemed to be all over the road!

1 minute ago, BillyT said:

Maxidyne, are  you old enough to remember when "cornflake" ran those Mickey mouse doubles where the tractor was a long wheelbase chassis and the the first "pup" slid up to the fifth wheel behind the cab?! They must have been a thrill to drive as they seemed to be all over the road!

Billy, was that one of the things that Jifflox made? My dad had a small terminal in Jacksonville FL in the early 70's and I remember seeing some of those you're talking about. I don't know if they were CF trucks that I saw.