Based on the numbers I have seen at shows I'm pretty sure he is a bit off on the number of survivors and I think he falls into the category of "It's rare, so it must be worth a fortune" while ignoring the reality that folks who are interested in buying it are also pretty rare.

Stuck engine on a truck that he advertises as not a chance in the world to find a replacement. That's a pretty pricey wall hanger.

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

2 hours ago, fxfymn said:

Based on the numbers I have seen at shows I'm pretty sure he is a bit off on the number of survivors and I think he falls into the category of "It's rare, so it must be worth a fortune" while ignoring the reality that folks who are interested in buying it are also pretty rare.

Stuck engine on a truck that he advertises as not a chance in the world to find a replacement. That's a pretty pricey wall hanger.

I was going to ask if it was as rare as he thought. Very expensive for a basket case. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

I don't think this would qualify as a "basket case".  Looks to be in pretty good shape, probably an older restoration left sitting for years.  The amount of money people think things are worth is always interesting.  You could easily spend $100K restoring this, or you could spend 30-40K and a lot of sweat.  Add 55K or even 20K to those numbers, and you better have deep pockets,  a real desire to own one of these, or not know how to swim once you realize you are in the deep end of the pool.