kscarbel2

Chevrolet Class 4/5/6 Silverado

And I suspect there will be more GM/Navistar joint venture trucks.

• Like 1

There is 100+ acre site in Pontiac Michigan that is a fenced in flat slab now that was the GM Truck and Bus plant ( heavy trucks ). GM sold out to Volvo, how did that work out? That plant then built GM pickups till around 2009, then production was moved to Mexico. The plant was Shut down and torn down. GM Truck engineering in the same area shut down and sold off. I could go on and on about GM and what they have done to GMC and there truck business. The fools that have run (into the ground, saved by the US taxpayer) GM the last 30 years could not run a two man circle jerk. And Ford is not much better. 

Don't matter what GM has done in the past, International has OWNED the medium duty market for many years. And this truck is better and has a better engine than the Terrastar it is replacing, so their market share will only get better. This truck is going to be a win-win for both companies.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bullheaded said:

Don't matter what GM has done in the past, International has OWNED the medium duty market for many years. And this truck is better and has a better engine than the Terrastar it is replacing, so their market share will only get better. This truck is going to be a win-win for both companies.

No doubt this class 4, 5,6 truck will help International.  But hate to say it, F'liner is the gorilla in class 6 and 7, not International.

• Like 1

Ya, Freightliner recently after the Maxxforce scare. But before that it was all International, in the class 8's also. FL was #2 at one point in time.

But people are slowly regaining confidence in international, as their annual revenue and profits are starting to gain with each year again.

I'm a Ford guy and I think the F650/750 has the nicest interior of all the medium duties, but I'd still buy the international/Chev. Nice interior don't pay the bills.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bullheaded said:

Ya, Freightliner recently after the Maxxforce scare. But before that it was all International, in the class 8's also. FL was #2 at one point in time.

But people are slowly regaining confidence in international, as their annual revenue and profits are starting to gain with each year again.

I'm a Ford guy and I think the F650/750 has the nicest interior of all the medium duties, but I'd still buy the international/Chev. Nice interior don't pay the bills.

IMO, the International dealers will have a huge edge-in particular with operators that run class 4-7 which I think covers a lot of utilities.

Just think of the old days when GM, Ford IH and for that matter to a lesser degree Dodge covered 1-8. From a dealer perspective at least here in the Northeast, Ford and IH covered that the best but that is yesterday's newspaper.

• Like 1

Ford sells more Class 3-6 than anyone. FL could own class 3-7 if they still had Dodge Truck, they do not. There are way more Ford dealers selling class 3-6 trucks than anyone else. Most class 3-6 trucks are sold to user's that do not own class 7-8 or need them.  I have said this before go to any class 7-8 truck dealer and see how long the wait is to get repairs done. Navistar and GM will sell trucks, but let's see how they hold up in a few years and how they get along. Ask Cat and Ford about that. Both GM and Navistar have a bad history with truck owners. History always repeats it self. I learn from it. 

The all-new Chevy 5500HD has just landed at Unicell Body Company's Buffalo Plant.

Photo 5.jpg

I like them. Both versions. I would buy that before I buy another HD pickup.

• Like 1