Wellington Mack going back to New England

I am guessing you are the guy that bought it, why was it such a big secret when it was an ATHS asset and members were left searching for clues?

I appreciate that it is staying where it is supposed to but I think ATHS should have kept it as it is the mission to preserve transportation history and loaned it to museums for all to enjoy.

• Like 1

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

8 hours ago, Patdbossct said:

The Wellington Mack will be returning to New England. I don't want to get into politics about what did or did not transpire between the local chapter and the national chapter since it occurred years prior to me finding the common passion we all share amongst us, which is trucks. However I would like to say that we all admire, collect and preserve the history of trucks for future generations. Everyone of us one way or another, contributes to this preservation of trucks and history. With that said, the truck will reside back in the original place it had been for years, when it was first left for generations to admire. It will be at the Haul of Fame  Musuem in Canterbury, Ct. The Truck will from time to time be loaned to other museums that desire to display it, as well as the Mack Musuem for all to enjoy. It will be brought to truck shows and events as well. This Truck is an iconic piece of American history, especially for all those who sacrificed their lives during WW II so that we could live freely in this great country. It truly deserves to be seen by all. I'm proud to say The Wellington, will stay in this country for all to enjoy, and in the New England area as the original owners had desired. I like to give a big thanks to the Fox family for wanting keep history alive, for future generations.  I'd also like to thank the Yaworski family from Ct for originally housing the Wellington where it resided in New England for many years and taking it to shows. I would also like to thank Gary Mahan from NJ, for fixing the issues on the motor, housing the truck and taking it to shows, and a special thanks to the Mack Musuem for displaying this iconic piece of History for all to see. But most of all thanks to all of you, for keeping these trucks and history alive and well and preserving them for future generations to admire. Without all of you, most of the truck history would have been lost forever.IMG_3514.thumb.PNG.af5fcb4c1b69e52e3c67b756cb76e3f3.PNG 

Patsie,

Well said and a huge thank you I'm sure from a lot of people for stepping up to the plate.   The Wednesday "coffee club" has another star attraction and I'm sure Denis will have a special spot for it!

Bob

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mackdaddy said:

I bet it sold for more than 300k?

Dan,

Did you look into buying it?  I called Kansas City to complain about the sale and they told me the asking price was $150,000.  Even at a quarter of that it was out of my price range, yet alone double that.  I do love the truck though.  I'm glad it was going back to New England.  Dennis Yaworski was pretty upset about it when I talked to him a couple months ago. 

Mike