72 R model grocery getter

I left mine run when I ran into local mom and pop grocery store and people inside thought there was a helicopter outside.  it was making stuff inside vibrate.    They went out to look for it and realized it was the truck.   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fxfymn said:

I can't admit doing that since it is against VA state code to run errands using antique tags.

I run errands (in VA) every now and then under the guise of test driving. Last fall I came out of the hardware store and there was a sheriff's car parked behind my B and the officer was standing there. When I walked up he asked if he could take a picture as his dad drove a truck "just like this back in the day".

• Like 1

Agree, I have historical tags on 3 vehicles.  I drive them when I want to(work, play, whatever).   As long as you don't get some uppity Barney Fife trying to make a name for himself or drive it the same place for many days in a row I don't sweat it.  Let them try to prove I wasn't doing something "official" with it.

I think mostly, like Harry says, they are more interested in seeing them then complaining about them.

Just two weeks ago I hauled my bunk across town on a trailer.  Then Thurs I hauled a bobcat to install the bunk.

Edited by Freightrain
  • Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

The key phrase is "I can't admit doing it..." And it is nice to collect all those quarters I charge for pictures.;)

On a serious note, we almost lost the antique tag privileges when a considerable number of folks decided to start registering their daily driver as an antique. I have no problem with the Klingons stopping that so those of us that own true antiques don't have to pay taxes or get annual inspections.

Edited by fxfymn

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Illinois has issued a expanded antique plate for trucks as there is no weight restriction like regular antique plates. The truck can be driven anywhere anytime even with a load on it between march and November. You cannot drive it legally except during those months which if fine because there is nothing going on around here then anyways.

My state has no regulation on antique tags sep can't work with it but you are allowed to pull a trailer with other antiques I suppose they wouldn't know you are getting paid to move them haha.bob

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk