2018 Ford F-150 News

kscarbel2

Even Tougher Styling Underscores New 2018 F-150's Built Ford Tough Brand Promise

• 2018 F-150 redesign further expands on the Built Ford Tough design language, while the truck’s solid billet-milled cues and broad stance – a nod to F-Series design heritage – convey strength and durability
  • Ford truck designers share their insights on what makes the new F-150 look more capable than the competition, explaining how the truck walks a fine line between exuding confidence, strength and innovation without appearing overly aggressive
  • Beyond the high-tech industrial tools modern designers have at their fingertips, Ford truck designers rely heavily on customer insight and feedback, as well as design craftsmanship to know what gives their trucks that Built Ford Tough look

2018 Ford F-150 Fact Sheet

DEARBORN, Mich., May 10, 2017 – Along with the new 2018 F-150’s more powerful engine lineup, high-strength materials and class-exclusive technologies, its new exterior design conveys a relentless focus on innovation while paying homage to nearly 70 years of the purpose-built, work-tested Built Ford Tough brand promise.

For 2018, F-150 takes signature F-Series design language to new levels by building on its solid billet-milled visual cues and broad stance, while harmonizing with the all-new Super Duty lineup.

According to Ford truck designers, creating the next chapter in Built Ford Tough design comes down to three main concepts – understanding F-Series design heritage, knowing the wants and needs of Ford truck customers, and applying a dose of craftsmanship where pen meets paper.

“We call our F-Series customers ‘bold guardians of the brand,’” says Ford truck design chief Gordon Platto. “These customers know our Built Ford Tough DNA, and they want their trucks to convey strength, capability, boldness and power – without being ‘in your face’ aggressive.”

The team meets multiple times with truck owners throughout the design process in an effort to understand how they use their trucks and what they want in terms of features and style. Recent immersions involved designers, engineers and product marketers embedding with owners to gain a deep understanding of customer routines and develop owner personas to refine Built Ford Tough design DNA.

“Our success starts and ends with our customers,” says Sean Tant, Ford design manager, truck studio. “We always go back to our customers to test our designs. They want their truck to embody the F-Series brand identity and purpose-built appearance, so we continually rework our designs and retest them until we get it right.”

Showroom harmony strengthens F-Series brand

Like the all-new F-Series Super Duty, the 2018 F-150 gets a billet-milled body for a new look.

A horizontal twin-bar grille conveys strength, precision and muscularity while accentuating the width of the new F-150. All-new C-clamp headlamps wrap tightly to the grille, offering LED lighting and signature daytime running lamps to emphasize F-150’s segment-leading innovations. The chamfered nose and fenders underscore the power and toughness of the available new powertrains.

“F-150 needs to look solid, confident and capable,” says Tant. “All design elements need to have individual as well as collective strength. We wanted to continue with the billet-milled style introduced in 2015 while visually making the truck look wide and planted.”

From a profile view, the truck carries forward signature F-Series cues like the drop-down in the front doors. Wheel openings, as well as wheel and tire proportions are another area in which strength – as opposed to an over-bodied appearance – is emphasized. With large-diameter tires wrapping six all-new wheel designs ranging from 17 inches to a whopping 22 inches, every F-150 model is sure-footed on-road or off. 

Customers want functional, authentic trucks, which is why Ford uses traditional frame-mounted bumpers and minimizes plastic covers or fascias.

“Form and function matters to Ford truck customers,” says Platto. “Chrome conveys durability and functionality in our customers’ eyes. Ford trucks need to be purpose-built for work and instill confidence among those who use them.”

From the rear, style cues follow the same design philosophy, with a billet-milled treatment around the fenders, taillamps and tailgate. The taillamps provide good illumination, and the F-150 badge on the tailgate is replaced with the stamped-in nameplate of popular XL, XLT or Lariat trim levels, while premium King Ranch, Platinum and Limited series feature a unique satin chrome appliqué.

Tying it all together is where the craftsmanship comes in, according to Platto and Tant.

“When we are designing F-150, we really look at the truck through the eyes of our customers,” says Tant. “We pay attention to detail, and always strive to ensure the truck demonstrates quality – in how its lines meet, accelerate and move through space. We always work to ensure a proper crown is added to the surfaces.”

At the end of the day, members of Ford’s truck team ask themselves whether a truck redesign is Built Ford Tough. If not, it’s back to the drawing board to make it right, so that every Ford F-Series truck continues to live up to the legacy of best-selling truck in America.

iimage 1.jpg

• 1 month later...

My first new truck I bought was in 1994.  Ford F-150 300 6 cylinder , 5 speed, 4x4 regular cab short bed. 3.50 gears and full lockers , rubber floor mat. I special ordered it , $16,000.  Drove her 12 years and except for a battery , fan clutch and a u-joint and tires, I never did anything to it. I saw it last year still driving down the road. I later bought  a 2004 and a 2006 F150 , needless to say I didn't have them 12 years. 

• Like 1

KSB, where did you see the 12 year figure? Just curious today's body on frame pickups with proper maintenance (rotella t or castrol ) or similar oil changed at proper intervals can last so long the owner will get tired of looking at them! How are the manufacturers going to get the owners to trade or sell their vehicles?

7 hours ago, BillyT said:

KSB, where did you see the 12 year figure? Just curious today's body on frame pickups with proper maintenance (rotella t or castrol ) or similar oil changed at proper intervals can last so long the owner will get tired of looking at them! How are the manufacturers going to get the owners to trade or sell their vehicles?

That was an average figure Billy. I myself choose my vehicles extremely carefully (I must be enamored with it), buy new and retain for 15-20 years.

If you maintain the vehicle properly and garage it (within reasonable temperature extremes and without excessive humidity), most vehicles can last for decades.

Thanks for the reply KSB! Of course I agree as my vehicles last forever it's so simple! The average person goes in a parts store and buys oil and tranny fluid by price not quality! They think they are saving money😁 I'm talking about the ones that actually maintain their vehicles! Ever notice that you almost never see a car burning oil which was common in the 50s and 60s! Quality alloys and oil technology! Even if you don't change your oil! The mindset of the average person especially pertaining to cars is laughable! The dealers push leases with short mileage limits and when they turn  in the car after three years it's barely broken in! The dealer of course gives free oil changes so the car is in good shape for the resell! When they go to the dealer for the"free oil change" they talk them into a fuel injection system cleaning for a hundred bucks or more when they could put Lucas additive in the tank every other fill up for  a fraction of the cost! And on and on, like sheep to slaughter!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

New Ford F-150: Most Advanced F-150 Powertrain Lineup Ever Enables Best-in-Class Payload, Towing and Gas Mileage

• With more engine choices, the 2018 F-150 is even more fuel-efficient; its second-generation 2.7-liter EcoBoost has an EPA estimated rating of 20 mpg city, 26 mpg highway and 22 mpg combined which is best-in-class.
  • New F-150 debuts with new, best-in-class 13,200-pound tow rating – thanks to more powerful, efficient engine offerings featuring standard Auto Start-Stop and expanded availability of segment-first 10-speed SelectShift® automatic transmission
  • New truck sports a tougher design with bolder Built Ford Tough styling and its high-strength, military-grade, aluminum-alloy body and box
  • Using available class-exclusive Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection and adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go functionality, the 2018 F-150 can assist drivers in congested traffic – even applying brakes to help prevent a collision; available Wi-Fi hotspot helps occupants stay connected on the go

DEARBORN, Mich., Aug. 9, 2017 – Ford’s new F-150 debuts for 2018 even tougher, even smarter, and even more capable than ever – with the most advanced F-150 powertrain lineup ever that delivers best-in-class towing, payload and efficiency for America’s pickup drivers.

The new F-150 has an EPA estimated rating of 20 mpg city, 26 mpg highway and 22 mpg combined which is best-in-class from the second-generation 2.7-liter EcoBoost engine, plus best-in-class towing (13,200 lbs.) and payload capacity (3,270 lbs.) from the 3.5-liter EcoBoost and enhanced 5.0-liter V8, respectively.  

“The Ford F-150 lineup again delivers on its promise to give full-size truck customers even more value, functionality and smart technology innovations, with engines with best-in-class towing, payload and fuel economy,” said Todd Eckert, Ford truck group marketing manager. “Our new F-150 highlights Ford’s commitment to its hardworking truck customers and how we listen to their demands for their new F-150 to be even tougher, even smarter and even more capable for work and play.”

Three years after introducing a high-strength, military-grade, aluminum-alloy-bodied F-150, a new truck arrives with bold new styling, advanced technologies, a segment-first 10-speed automatic transmission and F-150’s most advanced engine lineup yet, which includes the first available diesel ever for F-150. F-150 is part of Ford’s F-Series truck lineup – America’s best-selling truck for 40 consecutive years and its best-selling vehicle for 35 years.

New powertrain lineup for available best-in-class payload, towing and gas mileage

The new F-150 offers the F-150’s most advanced engine offerings ever – all to offer the right engine for every hardworking truck customer.

An second-generation 2.7-liter EcoBoost® V6 with segment-exclusive SelectShift® 10-speed automatic transmission  has an EPA-estimated  rating of 20 mpg city, 26 mpg highway and 22 mpg combined which is best-in-class. With advanced dual port and direct-injection technology, the second-generation 2.7-liter EcoBoost engine delivers a 25 lb.-ft. increase in torque – and at lower engine speeds compared to a traditional V8. Like the second-generation 3.5-liter EcoBoost, this 2.7-liter EcoBoost will be paired with Ford’s segment-exclusive 10-speed SelectShift automatic transmission.

An enhanced 5.0-liter V8 boasts a best-in-class payload capacity of 3,270 pounds. This normally aspirated engine features significant upgrades for 2018 including advanced dual port and direct-injection technology for 10 more horsepower and an additional 13 lb.-ft. of torque. Spray-on bore liner technology also featured in the Shelby GT350® Mustang has been added to squeeze out even more weight from the aluminum block. For the first time, the V8 is paired with the 10-speed SelectShift automatic.

For best-in-class towing, the second-generation 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 delivers 13,200 pounds of towing capacity, thanks to its 470 lb.-ft. of torque that beats all diesel- and gasoline-powered competitors, including V8 engines with nearly twice its displacement. With dual port and direct-injection technology, the 375-horsepower twin-turbo engine provides ideal low-end and peak engine performance for hauling heavy payloads and towing heavy trailers.

Even the all-new 3.3-liter V6 engine is more efficient, more powerful and delivers more torque to get the job done, compared to the previously standard 3.5-liter V6. Plus, the now standard 3.3-liter provides a 5 percent power-to-weight ratio improvement versus the 2014 F-150 featuring steel body and 3.7-liter V6 – with better fuel economy and performance  based on EPA-estimated ratings.

Designed, engineered and tested in-house, an all-new 3.0-liter Power Stroke® turbo diesel V6 paired with 10-speed SelectShift automatic joins the F-150 engine lineup for 2018. The first diesel engine offered for F-150 will be available next spring.

F-150’s new powertrain lineup

New F-150 offers the most advanced engine offerings ever, including standard Auto Start-Stop. Specifically:

3.3-liter PFDI V6

2.7-liter EcoBoost V6

5.0-liter
PFDI V8

3.5-liter EcoBoost V6

3.5-liter
high-output EcoBoost V6

Horsepower

290 @ 6,500 rpm

325 @ 5,000 rpm

395 @ 5,750 rpm

375 @ 5,000 rpm

450 @ 5,000 rpm

Versus 2017

+8

No change

+10

Torque (lb.-ft.)

265 @ 4,000 rpm

400 @ 2,750 rpm

400 @ 4,500 rpm

470 @ 3,500 rpm

510 @ 3,500 rpm

Versus 2017

+12

+25

+13

EPA fuel economy

4x2

19 mpg city,

25 mpg highway,

22 mpg combined

4x4

18 mpg city,

23 mpg highway,

20 mpg combined

4x2

20 mpg city,

26 mpg highway,

22 mpg combined

4x4

19 mpg city,

24 mpg highway,

21 mpg combined

4x2

17 mpg city,

23 mpg highway,

19 mpg combined

4x4

16 mpg city,

22 mpg highway,

18 mpg combined

4x2

18 mpg city,

25 mpg highway, 21 mpg combined

4x4

17 mpg city, 

23 mpg highway, 19 mpg combined

4x4

15 mpg city,

18 mpg highway,

16 mpg combined

Versus 2017

4x2

+1 mpg city,

+1 mpg highway,

+2 mpg combined

4x4

+1 mpg city,

+1 mpg combined

4x2

+1 mpg city

4x4

+1 mpg city,

+1 mpg highway,

+1 mpg combined

4x2

+2 mpg city,

+1 mpg highway,

+1 mpg combined

4x4

+1 mpg city,

+1 mpg highway,

+1 mpg combined

Raising the bar through segment-exclusive materials and technologies

More than just styling that creates visually bolder and more planted stance, the new F-150 continues to offer a segment-exclusive combination of advanced materials that have proven durability through extensive real-world performance and inhibit corrosion. A high-strength, military-grade, aluminum alloy body and box that saves weight and adds capability coupled with a high-strength steel fully boxed ladder frame.

The new Ford F-150 further advances the light-duty pickup truck market with segment-first and class-exclusive technologies that improve productivity, efficiency and driver confidence, while keeping occupants connected to the world around them. Technologies include:

• New segment-first enhanced adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go functionality is available to allow drivers to set a cruising speed. The system then uses radar and camera technology to monitor traffic ahead to maintain a set distance between vehicles – even following a vehicle down to a complete stop
  • New segment-first Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection is available to help drivers avoid or mitigate collisions with other vehicles and pedestrians
  • An available new embedded 4G LTE modem with Wi-Fi hotspot enables customers to connect up to 10 mobile devices at one time, virtually anywhere
  • New B&O PLAY audio system is available, offering high-end speakers, sound and tuning for a richer, more engaging listening experience

Existing segment-exclusive driver-assist and convenience features include:

• Available Pro Trailer Backup Assist allows F-150 drivers of various skill levels to steer a trailer instinctively using a center console-mounted dial to back-up a boat launch or park in a driveway
  • Available Blind Spot Information System with trailer coverage technology is optimized for F-150 to include up to 33 feet of trailer length; BLIS® uses radar sensors in the taillamps to monitor areas that may not be visible to the driver around the truck and trailer
  • Available 360-degree camera technology helps improve driver confidence when parking and can help reduce stress when connecting a trailer – allowing customers to see more so they can focus on specific tasks such as lining up a hitch
  • Available lane-keeping system is designed to help reduce drifting of the truck outside its intended lane

The new 2018 Ford F-150 goes on sale this fall. It will be built at Dearborn Truck Plant in Dearborn, Michigan, and Kansas City Assembly Plant in Claycomo, Missouri.

Photo gallery - https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2017/08/09/new-ford-f150-most-advanced-powertrain-lineup-ever.html

If Ford wants me to buy a new truck, they need to bring back the manual transmission.  Work trucks don't have automatics, and trucks are for working.  There is an '89 F350 crew cab 4x4 with an 8' bed that I've been seeing in a car lot for several months now...even has the 460 under the hood.  ONLY difference between it and the truck I've got is it has the huge 4-door cab (mine is a regular cab).  That and it's an auto.  If it were a manual transmission, I would have bought it months ago.  As it is, though, I have to wait until the price drops enough to justify the expense of swapping the transmission out to one more suited to life in a truck.  The #1 way to absolutely kill my interest in a truck is to put an automatic transmission in it.  #2 is a short bed...absolutely useless for anyone trying to use the truck as a truck.  Hell, even my little Ford Rangers have bigger beds than most of the "full size" trucks on the dealer lots today!

I think part of the problem with new trucks (and their pricing) is that they were marketed to folks who really ought to be driving cars, and instead compensate for their small peckers by driving these useless "trucks" they never use for anything more than commuting to their office job or cruising the mall.  20" rims and low profile tires have no place on a truck...especially a 4x4.  And what's with those stupid stacks?  Sure, let's cut a hole in the bed and run our exhaust up behind the cab so we can't use the bed (which was probably useless to begin with).  Saw one truck with a sliding rear window and the stack right in the center of the bed below the top of the glass..."roll coal" and fill the cab with smoke...genius.  Anyway, when you have a bunch of people with more money than brains buying trucks to be "cool", demanding that the truck ride and perform more like a car, then the price of trucks goes up while the usefulness of them drops.  A truck doesn't need leather heated seats, interior carpeting, 16-speaker sound systems, or any of this other crap.  "Park assist"?  "Trailer tow assist" (or whatever they call it)? Sorry, but if you can't handle parking your truck, you shouldn't be driving a truck...and if you can't handle a trailer, you shouldn't be pulling one.  Leave the trucks for the people who need them, with the price reflecting the fact that they are made to do work.  They shouldn't cost more than my house...because when they DO, you feel bad actually working the damn thing.  It is a truck.  You shouldn't have to worry about dinging up the bed while loading or unloading it, or scratching the side on a branch as you cut through the woods to get to the back 40.  Climbing into the truck with muddy boots should never be a problem, and when I'm dropping another round bale into the stable and there is 6" of mud mixed with horse manure, I don't want to have to worry about how long it's going to be stuck in the carpet or how much work it'll be to clean.

Dodge is the only one (of the "big 3") that still makes a real work truck...I'm just not sure I want a Dodge, and certainly not at the price they want for it.  If Ford ever decides to offer a work truck again, I might consider buying one.  Until then, I'll just keep what I've got...or buy another old truck that either fits my needs or can be bought cheap enough to alter so that it fits my needs.  Ridiculous the price of these new TINOs.  Sure, they "look" tough...but they are utterly useless for anyone who actually needs a truck to do truck type work.

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I'd agree with you if it were in the 70's and 80's about not wanting an automatic in a work truck. They just weren't quite as reliable as a manual. But now days I don't care if it's a manual or auto ad long as the price is right. I've got a 1996 f350 with 190k on it with an auto that I work the piss out of. It still runs and drives fine, I believe I have certainly got my money out of it. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

The autos today are more reliable than the manuals. Our powerstrokes would give synchro problems, clutch and flywheel issues too. Now you don't even give the tranny thought.

Of course they are trying to sell the trucks to people that don't need them. Trucks are the biggest money maker. Also if you don't need 40 mpg, why not own a pickup instead? The decked out ones are as quiet and drive as nice as any expensive car. Plus it's more versatile. Safer for families too. 

• Like 1

It isn't so much a reliability factor as it is control.  Idle in 1st gear and you're almost slow enough to pull a hay wagon through the field.  Shift the T-case into low and 1st gear crawls my F250 slower than low-low in my Mack...barely over 1 mph.  Wife's Suburban, if you want to move less than 10 mph, you need to ride the brakes.  Towing trailers down hills, too. Manual transmission the engine will hold you back.  Auto, the torque converter isn't locked up so you're basically coasting.  Even without the trailer, you're going to use more brake in an auto going down a hill than a manual would.

If your transmission is having synchro problems, somebody has either been trying to float the gears or resting their hand on the shifter going down the road putting pressure on them.  Clutch and flywheel issues likely caused by riding the clutch or using more throttle than necessary to take off and slipping it.  All of those issues seem typical for vehicles driven by various people who may or may not know how to drive them properly.  Only clutches I've ever had to replace were in the Mack.  Throwout bearing let go because the previous owner never greased it.  Then a spring plate broke due to a manufacturing defect.  When I had a new engine put in, I had the clutch replaced again since they were in there anyway...with a heavier rated one.  The clutches they HAD been using weren't rated for the torque my engine is.

Another problem typical with light truck diesels is they tried using the same transmissions behind those engines as the gas engines...and the two engines just make power differently.  With a proper transmission, you wouldn't have any problems.  Hell, this is the transmission out of my friend's '97 Dodge...we were swapping some gears around so he'd have an overdrive.  Of course he's the one that put the transmission in there, because the OEM one was crap.  Much easier to swap one type of manual transmission for another than to replace an automatic with a manual.

IMG_20170715_1933056.jpg

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I like manuals, but after eight decades the automatics have caught up. And training time is a factor too- I was at a training for water system operators the other day, and was amazed how much training it takes to run a water treatment plant properly. So should we give a new water system operator a weeks less training in running water systems so we can teach them how to drive a municipal truck with a stick shift?

Call the difference in training time an incentive for employers to hire people who already have that skill.  Got 2 otherwise equally qualified candidates for the job...one can drive a manual transmission, the other can't...who should get the job?  I'd hire the guy who can drive a stick every time, whether the job actually required it or not, but especially if the job was going to require it.  Think of it also as protection for the employer...the likelihood of some thug jacking one of his trucks while the employee is working is greatly reduced.  Hell, cracks me up all of the time when I read an article in the news about a carjacking being aborted when the perp realized he didn't have a clue how to drive a manual...little more complicated than putting it in "D" and stomping the throttle.

Wish it were that simple... Usually you get a half dozen applicants, a couple of whom are just plain unqualified and the rest ranging from maybe able to fake it to overqualified, the kind of guy who could write a training manual for the job. If the overqualified guy can't drive a stick, you'd be a fool to hire the "fake it 'til you make it" guy just because he does. And given that driving a stick is nowhere near an essential skill for the job, you might get sued too!

You have a serious reading comprehension problem.  What part of "Got 2 otherwise equally qualified candidates for the job" did you not understand?  We're not talking about an overly qualified individual vs a person who needs training, but rather 2 equally qualified people.  The ONLY difference in the two candidates is that one can drive a manual, and the other cannot.  And I'm not worried about being sued over discriminating against somebody due to their inability to drive a manual transmission because it is NOT a "protected class".  The law says you cannot discriminate based upon age, race, gender, or religion.  Some states run by libs might even throw in sexual orientation or gender identity into the mix.  If the law does not prohibit using something as a reason for hiring/not hiring, then it is not illegal (and you have no legal recourse) to do so.  If I only want people who can pat their head and rub their tummy while saying the alphabet backwards working for me, then that is my right to make that a qualification for the job...and unless you've only got one arm (and therefore cannot pat your head and rub your tummy) or deaf (and cannot say the alphabet) and would be covered under the ADA, then there ain't a damn thing you could do about it if that isn't a skill you happen to have.

Rowdy, if we're hiring someone to run the water system, it doesn't matter if they can drive a stick shift or not. At the water operator training the other day every municipal truck in the parking lot had an automatic. I drove my own car there and was probably the only attendee that shifted gears to get there! You might also note that the law also protects people with disabilities from discrimination, which means if our best applicant didn't have two functional legs we'd have to provide an automatic transmission vehicle.

You have a serious reading comprehension problem.  What part of "Got 2 otherwise equally qualified candidates for the job" did you not understand?  We're not talking about an overly qualified individual vs a person who needs training, but rather 2 equally qualified people.  The ONLY difference in the two candidates is that one can drive a manual, and the other cannot.  And I'm not worried about being sued over discriminating against somebody due to their inability to drive a manual transmission because it is NOT a "protected class".  The law says you cannot discriminate based upon age, race, gender, or religion.  Some states run by libs might even throw in sexual orientation or gender identity into the mix.  If the law does not prohibit using something as a reason for hiring/not hiring, then it is not illegal (and you have no legal recourse) to do so.  If I only want people who can pat their head and rub their tummy while saying the alphabet backwards working for me, then that is my right to make that a qualification for the job...and unless you've only got one arm (and therefore cannot pat your head and rub your tummy) or deaf (and cannot say the alphabet) and would be covered under the ADA, then there ain't a damn thing you could do about it if that isn't a skill you happen to have.

Again, reading comprehension.  Work on it, because you're trying too hard to make points that were already raised and it makes you sound rather foolish.

Sir, I do not appreciate you posting blatantly insulting comments on my thread (2018 Ford F-150 News) that are an attack on a fellow BMT member.

This was an innocent thread about the 2018 Ford F-150, and you came along and destroyed its pleasant tone by insulting another member's intelligence.

As I said on Friday, this is getting old real fast. 

Socially-accepted norms of behavior on forums disallow name-calling, personal insults, threats, profanity and vulgarity.

TeamsterGrrrl, in her comments below, did not attack you, nor anyone else. And yet you insulted her not once, but twice. I would never respond to your posts with heartless insults. I must respect everyone's opinion.

I like manuals, but after eight decades the automatics have caught up. And training time is a factor too- I was at a training for water system operators the other day, and was amazed how much training it takes to run a water treatment plant properly. So should we give a new water system operator a weeks less training in running water systems so we can teach them how to drive a municipal truck with a stick shift?

Rowdy, if we're hiring someone to run the water system, it doesn't matter if they can drive a stick shift or not. At the water operator training the other day every municipal truck in the parking lot had an automatic. I drove my own car there and was probably the only attendee that shifted gears to get there! You might also note that the law also protects people with disabilities from discrimination, which means if our best applicant didn't have two functional legs we'd have to provide an automatic transmission vehicle.

Like a Bulldog and anyone in the truck business, nobody here is thin-skinned. But I suggest we all make a conscious effort to respect each other's differing opinions and refrain from insults. After all, at the end of the day, though we each hail from different "necks of the woods", we're all one big family.

We all have just one life and it's far too short. Enjoy yourself on BMT, and enjoy your life. And it's far easier to with a smile and positive outlook. 

I don't recall you ever admonishing Diana for her insults or name calling in previous threads on this forum.

Why is that?

So when you say "we all make a conscious effort to respect each other's differing opinions and refrain from insults" that should also apply to Teamstergrrrl's responses.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

I don't recall you ever admonishing Diana for her insults or name calling in previous threads on this forum.

Why is that?

So when you say "we all make a conscious effort to respect each other's differing opinions and refrain from insults" that should also apply to Teamstergrrrl's responses.

I beg your pardon, I don't know a "Diana".

And no one by that name (to my knowledge) is involved in the issue with the thread in mention.

I'm confident sir that you do not condone personal insults.

As you can see below, Teamstergrrrl did not insult anyone in her two comments on my thread.

When I respectfully "suggest we all make a conscious effort to respect each other's differing opinions and refrain from insults", my meaning of "all" is everyone.