Does the Haul of Fame Museum in CT still exist?

About 17 years ago I visited the Haul of Fame trucking and heavy equipment museum in CT. It had many rare and unusual trucks inside and some unrestored outside.  I think it even had a Mack bus. The owner ( I forgot his name ) had the last 2 Superliners built and was featured in a 'Extreme Machines' documentary on trucks which highlighted Macks. I used to see his trucks at Macungie. The last off the line had 'End of the Line' written on back of the cab.

Is this museum still around or was it acquired by another entity? I heard a while back that this collection might have been dissolved. I can't find much info online.

The collection has been pretty much dissolved. The owner, Dennis Yaworski ran into some legal trouble with his business and the rarest of the trucks were sold off to settle fines and legal fees. The rarest of the collection is now with Gary Mahan and Chris Berry in their private collections now I believe

I took a lot of pics and will have to find them and post them here. It was a tight fit of the trucks inside so taking good pics was hard.

I was equally fascinated with the unrestored trucks outside. Some were unusual and seemed to have been there for a long time.

A friend of mine recently told me few months ago he had found a number for the museum that still worked. The person that answered said they still had some trucks but could only show them on Wednesdays with an appointment. If I find out more I will post here as well

• Like 1

The Hall of Fame Museum is off 385 in eastern CT. 

The Golden Age of Trucking Museum started by Richard Guerrara was on the north side of 84 in Middlebury, CT at exit 16.  There was lots of good stuff but the museum lost the driving force when Richard passed away and it was disbanded by the family.

• Like 2

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Quite  lot of the Haul of Fame ended up at Gary's in Jersey.

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

8 hours ago, VaPatentman said:

i just knew we had visited truck museum in CT on our way to a convention in Waterbury and had forgotten the name. Oh well, the pics I posted are fine examples of old MACKS

Best thing to do to is take pictures of Mack's whenever or wherever you see them.

• Like 2

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

I was in CT for business and went past the old GAOT museum location.  I pointed it out to my co-worker.  Too bad I missed it by a few years even at that point.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

A few of the GAOT Museum  trucks ended up in Iowa 80's Museum  at Walcott, Ia (which  is another  museum  to put on your  list,if you  haven't  already!).    Al  

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been there a couple of times. It's more like a club now, which is pretty cool in its own right. A bunch of old codgers get together on Wednesdays and have coffee and pastries and shoot the **** for a couple hours in the morning. The very last Super Liner "End of the Line" is there, as is a bunch of other stuff, but from what I've been told, the vast majority of trucks has been gone for a while now.

I was never a fan of Super Liners back in the day, but I have to say that the one in Canterbury at Yaworski's museum is absolutely gorgeous. A stunningly handsome truck.

On 5/8/2017 at 10:32 PM, j hancock said:

The Golden Age of Trucking Museum started by Richard Guerrara was on the north side of 84 in Middlebury, CT at exit 16.  There was lots of good stuff but the museum lost the driving force when Richard passed away and it was disbanded by the family.

Richard actually never got to see this built. He died in early 2000. All of his trucks were in Naugatuck Connecticut  before the museum, at the home terminal of R.J.Guerrera. That is where I got to see them.  What a great collection he had and a great company to work for. To bad his kid was stupid and sold out to Mystic out of N.J.