Military E9 V8 Quad Turbo

Timmyb

Seen this advertised locally in Australia but engines are located in the US. It's the quad turbo version which I have seen a little bit of info on here before. Wonder how he got them? Anyway, would be a good one for the collection. 

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/1135748968?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=sms

That price is Aus dollar. 

• Like 1

Says they are brand new... so I'm guessing they come with a warranty?

For what it's worth, we priced up a new cummins signature about 6 months ago. $53,000 through cummins and $48,000 through our local Kenworth dealer. 

36 minutes ago, Back In Black Pulling said:

Tank motors heard he got 15 of them last year , don't know how or where

Think they were for the french

http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product3911.html

Power these plus a 155 S.PG.

amx30brennus_002.jpgtracte10.jpg

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

4 hours ago, Dirtymilkman said:

What's a realistic price on those? 

Well that was advertised in Aus, so the price would include shipping and import tax which is 10%. I think $25-27k US would be close to the mark. 

1 hour ago, Back In Black Pulling said:

Probably spares that were never used. Can't even get remand heads from mack anymore

They may have actually been manufactured in France. About 15 or so years ago I bought two brand new Ford Flathead V8. The casting date was 1986  and they were cast and assembled by Simca for the French military who used the flatties until the mid 1990's. Renault may have been the in country makers of the Mack engines. I would imagine Frenchiemack may have some info on them if he wanders in here.    Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

These were produced in 2003 (when Volvo terminated E9 production) or prior.

Armed forces routinely purchase an incredibly large number of spare parts, and purge them when they retire the trucks, tanks, ect. that used them.

This is why military truck ownership makes for a relatively inexpensive hobby. New old stock (NOS) parts generally have high availability and relatively low cost.

• Like 2

On 1/15/2017 at 0:08 PM, Dirtymilkman said:

What's a realistic price on those? 

$33,700.00 U.S.

P.T.CHESHIRE