EPA verses Alaska

41chevy

Logging is in my core.  My father logged in the winter and spent his summers in the farm fields.  That was how they survived in those days.  My neighbors are loggers or work in the area mills. I have logged a couple small sales.  I run a scale at one the mills on weekends.  Most small loggers can not compete, the profit margins are razor thin.  Most sales are several thousand cords.  Part of the problem is caused by the loggers when sales are let out at auction.  Send two loggers into a whore house and they will end up screwing each other, about like farmers, or truckers.  I see much pulp that comes in the mill that looks like culverts or are punky in the center.  Government foresters should have their a$$ kicked for letting the timber become so over mature before cutting. Federal forests will project a certain amount of wood for sale.  Then only offer a small fraction of that amount to be sold.  Have seen the EPA paint stripes on the mills driveway so they can count the dust particles.  Neighbors spent a week cleaning and pressure washing their equipment.  They had a small sale in a state park and the state was afraid of contamination from the forests outside of the park.  

4 hours ago, TeamsterGrrrl said:

Our logging industry in Minnesota isn't having all those problems, and Minnesota has so many environmentalists that it's practically an ATM for the Sierra Club. Looks to me that your just trying to find something else to blame on democrats, and ignore the market forces that are the real cause of shrinking employment in logging, coal, mining, oil, and agriculture. 

I'm not an expert on logging in Minn. but what I understand that area is mostly hard woods and white pine that is exported into Canada, at least that's what they were showing on TV when I think the outfits name was Pelagrenie Logging (sure I didn't spell that right) couldn't believe what I was seeing  on the screen the guys were logging in creek basins and other riparian areas THAT IS ABSOULTLY NOT ALLOWED HERE !

The Sierra Club are small players out here any more, Future Wise and a dozen others are more common here.  and as far as Agriculture shrinking you need to forward me where in the f@#%& you are getting this info! last I checked this planet is getting more crowded every day, so unless these new people are cannibals some thing has to feed them!     

• Like 1

Your traditional assumptions are increasingly wrong- World population is starting to level off, and has leveled off on every continent except Africa already. That's why the commodity markets are so weak, with reduced consumer demand for "stuff" resulting in commodity surpluses. Throw increased efficiency, recycling, and the trend for consumers to eat less meat as they become more affluent and demand for corn, beans, copper, iron, coal, lumber, oil, and all the other basic commodities is waning.

1 hour ago, gearhead204 said:

I think she needs to do some research on the new middle class in china, and its demand for food, other than rice and fish.

They are the number one soy bean importer. 

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

7 hours ago, RowdyRebel said:

Bullshit. US Census Bureau AND the UN still show a rising world population that is far from "leveling off". Once again, the facts simply don't back up your claims.

Census ACS data shows very little U.S. population growth, and mostly from immigration. UN projections show the world gaining maybe another billion population before leveling out in the middle of this century.

Census ACS data shows very little U.S. population growth, and mostly from immigration. UN projections show the world gaining maybe another billion population before leveling out in the middle of this century.

The UN? Why should we believe any of their slanted, agenda fulfilling projections? I put it in the same category as man-made global warming. Whether you believe it or not, another billion in population doesn't sound like "leveling out" to me. That's a lot of hungry mouths.
  • Like 1

when the average U.S. farmer (the most efficient farmer in the world) feeds 160 people , I billion more mouths will take a considerable amount of farmers world wide to deal with this. if you use the U.S. numbers that would be  6,250,000 new farmers needed to do this

Edited by gearhead204

7 minutes ago, theakerstwo said:

Guys the more you argue with this woman the more she enjoys it.

like the bumper sticker sez......arguing with a woman is like wrestling with a pig in the mud........after a while you realize the pig enjoys it!

Well its wrestling season .......and I'm used to getting nowhere :P

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RowdyRebel said:

Your assertion was that commodities are less in demand because the world's population has leveled off. The facts dispute this claim. If the world's population is growing, demand for commodities will grow with it. If the world's population (at the LOW END of the predictions...at the -0.5 end of the birthrate margin of error) will level off mid-century, then commodity prices won't be affected until then. If the prediction is accurate (or if they missed by the +0.5 margin of error) then the world's population will continue to grow well into the next century.

Facts, even those from a left-wing organization such as the UN, simply do not back up the assertions you've made. 

Your using a .5 MOE? No wonder you're not making sense!

15 hours ago, TeamsterGrrrl said:

Your using a .5 MOE? No wonder you're not making sense!

Get your head out of your ass. Those are the UN's numbers, not mine, which I was quite clear about. Here's the graph straight off the UN's website, showing exactly what I described:

IMG_20170107_101814.png

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

On 1/3/2017 at 0:46 AM, gearhead204 said:

see what happens when a state votes republican! ........never thought the libertards would end up protecting me.......hope they don't check individual ballets and single me out:blink:      We can burn wood if it is our only source of heat during weather inversions, (provided its a certified wood stove) ...I looked at it and certified it as such, I only burn wood in it :P:P

As for the EPA goons I say we send them to Alaska to help the wolf population avoid starvation during the winter months.

absolutely lets help those starving wolves:clap:

• Like 1

On 1/9/2017 at 11:45 AM, carlotpilot said:

absolutely lets help those starving wolves:clap:

Wouldn't that be considered animal cruelty to make wolves eat sh*t  Bureaucrats ?

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

If you broke down the nutritional value of a bureaucrat  It would be something like this

Calcium.................0.3% this product only contains a fraction of your daily needed Calcium, since this person has no back bone your diet will be lacking! 

Manure ...............0.97% This product has EXCEEDED the maximum yearly allowance of B.S.(Caution do not consume entire contents in one meal) also do not consume the skull  of this animal, as this is the most densely concentrated area of manure  !

• Like 2