Yardo's pictures of however often I feel like posting them, 11/15/16 Version

1958 F.W.D.

The B model is the first rig I ever went to a fire in back in my home town.  Lusted over it for years but was too deep into the resto of my college B85 from Gettysburg to be able to make a play for it.  Its been recently restored and its absolutely the most beautiful piece of fire apparatus ever built.  One of two factory tandem axle B95's ever built.  The other one went to a fire company near Pittsburgh.   

Ed Smith

1957 B85F 1242 "The General Ike"

Cool set of pictures, I like 'em all!

The limit plate at the front of the covered bridge gives me decission that the FWD could pass it.

Or has it already done that trick?

And such space zig-zags - from Lehigh Walley to Florida passing Winfall Gladys by the way - was that possible just using a correct road?

I mean was that all you needed just to start the trip passing the bridge??

I sure know that might be a secret matter and I souldn't question it in the open forum. If so PM would work:)

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Harvey Eckart's book, "Mack Model B Fire Trucks", has two photos of Mack "B" tandem axle fire trucks. One is a semi-cab delivered to Peebles District Volunteer Fire Company in

McCandless Township, PA, just outside of Pittsburgh. It doesn't mention the model but this is probably the other "B-95F" that General Ike mentioned. On the cover is a tandem

axle "B" with a coupe cab delivered to Pratt & Whitney Aircraft's Florida Operations. There is no info on this one either but it looks like a "B-85F". I always thought that the Mack

"B" model was the best looking fire truck, a little cramped in the coupe cab but still a great fire truck. It's funny but Mack's spec sheet for the standard "B" model fire truck lists it as a

coupe, 3 man cab. When I operated one with the driver, officer, and a sling pack in the cab I cannot imagine a third person and still be able to steer, shift, and all the other stuff.

bulldogboy

• Like 2

The rig on the cover of the B model photo archive is most likely a B125 or B85 since the factory said only two B95FSW's were made.  The other option is that I'm sure there were multiple B model tandems that were chassied by Mack but had the bodies built out by third parties.

Ed Smith

1957 B85F 1242 "The General Ike"

I crossed a bridge in Bucks County one time. Cost H.H.Moore over 4,000 bucks because I crossed it- almost cost me a week end in jail. Those crooked bastards!

....and it was very hot that day, i'd been inside a side kit trailer for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

42 minutes ago, other dog said:

I crossed a bridge in Bucks County one time. Cost H.H.Moore over 4,000 bucks because I crossed it- almost cost me a week end in jail. Those crooked bastards!

....and it was very hot that day, i'd been inside a side kit trailer for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.

Do you remember where? 

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Looks like it has ground sweep nozzles under the front bumper. I don't think that I've seen that before on a "B" model. Another tandem axle Mack "B" model pumper was

operated by the Marsh Harbour Fire Department on Grand Abaco Island, Bahamas. There used to be a photo of it on their website but it is no longer there.

bulldogboy

• Like 1