Work jobs

10 minutes ago, HeavyGunner said:

Nice work. 

Thank you, I am no painter. I usually paint a couple things a year and when I go in the paint supply store I am shocked by all the new products. It's def a info overload. My hats off to the guys that do it everyday and are able to keep up with all the new tech. Being a mechanic the basics never change. As a body guy they change weekly.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Timmyb said:

I think your a bit modest. That's some nice work for someone who doesn't do it for a living. Good stuff!

I thank you sir. My dad held a high standard when I was in the shop doing anything. And it stuck with me over the years. I look at my paint and still see all the flaws. And things I could have done differently. I laugh cause my dad stopped by and he still holds me to the standard and will point out the stuff. I guess it's a tough love.

• Like 1

Nice work.  Love those stripes.

I am working on a hot rod and the painter is also there.  He works on everything from daily scrapes up to Ferrari restorations.  I hear all the hub bub about painting today and the technology.  I'm used to a can of Enamel, some hardner and a spray gun!  It is crazy today.

I always enjoyed laying down paint.  Prep work, not so much!

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

11 hours ago, Freightrain said:

Nice work.  Love those stripes.

I am working on a hot rod and the painter is also there.  He works on everything from daily scrapes up to Ferrari restorations.  I hear all the hub bub about painting today and the technology.  I'm used to a can of Enamel, some hardner and a spray gun!  It is crazy today.

I always enjoyed laying down paint.  Prep work, not so much!

I agree it's crazy how it's getting I hate the prep but the paint makes the prep worth it. I also enjoy laying paint down.

9 hours ago, Vladislav said:

The strips look nice.

Did you spray them right on the gray paint and than clear coat all together or made the main paint first and than put strips? 

The stripes were a after thought. The truck is a single stage urethane. then I taped off the area sanded it and painted the stripes one by one taping off each one and cleared just over the stripes. If I would have known I would have base coated the truck. Painted the stripes then cleared the whole thing. That way you don't have a ridge.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

We had a bad season with accidents this year but luckily nobody was injured. 3 trucks wrecked with zero of our drivers at fault. Our quad had a car cross the centerline and hit it head on. Our tri axle had a car run a red light and t bone it and a pick up had a semi rear end it and puts it into another semi. I fixed the quad and the tri axle there was no hope for the pickup. Will get pics having trouble uploading them.

4BEC5D41-4A86-4D74-8FED-A8B412864199.jpeg

22 hours ago, 66rmack said:

No trying to do it from I phone

I'm still using an iphone4 and it works for me just to click on the paper clip then select a pic from the photo album then click on the little pluss sign once the photo opens on the BMT message page.