Winchester, Va. ATHS Show

other dog

Hey, is anybody going to Winchester this year, besides me, Barry, Farmer52, Fyxmn, MHFred, 41Chevy,Freightrain,Mowerman, and nocluejoe66? It's Sep. 22,23,and 24th. I would have went to Lincolnton,N.C. today if i'd known it was truck show day. I had an eye Dr. appointment yesterday, and could have left right afterwards...if i'd only known!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Affirmative...I plan to arrive around noon on Thursday and depart Saturday afternoon.  Going to "rough it" and sleep in the trailer both nights.  Not sure if Capt. Barry will be there.

You all missed a great Trucktoberfest on Saturday.  But it was HOT!

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

I don't know yet whether i'll leave Friday or just drive up and back Saturday, but i'll do one or the other.

And yeah, this heat has been awful. I just seen on the TV machine the other day that we'd set a new all time record for the most consecutive days with a high of over 90 degrees. It was thirty-some, I don't remember exactly. They said the month of July was the hottest ever, and I didn't hear anything about August, but i'd be surprised if it wasn't the hottest August ever too.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I think from what I was told that the Hottest Day was when the Biker Gang showed up unexpected. Now that was what I heard. Things got to smokin inside of a K/W to. Now that was what I heard. Can't prove that by me.Guess I would have had to go to the eye doctor to for starring too much.

• 2 weeks later...

Dang I would love to meet some of y'all at some of these shows but I got front row seats and meet and greet passes for Charlie Daniels band sat. nite in hiawasse ga.....is any body going to fletcher n.c. Or Greensboro n.c. In October maybe I could meet some of y'all then.........Bobby j.

Back at the farm.  Great show.  Over 300 vehicles.  Weather was warm on Thursday and Friday but cooler today (Saturday).  Saw other dog, Underdog, maint1, and mhfred.

BTW, I "roughed" it two (2) nights.  Slept on the sleeper mattress in the trailer.  Best sleep I had in months! :thumb:

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

On September 10, 2016 at 10:41 PM, Underdog said:

Wife and I plan to be there... It's about a four hour drive for us, but we have a few friends that will be there, and tell us what a great show it is. Hope to see you all there.

Did you come home through Harrisburg on Sunday?  My dad passed an old red cabover single axle.  I showed him your pic and he figured it was you.  

23 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Yessir that was me! Probably passed thru Harrisburg around 11am. Truck ran flawlessly down and back 400 mile round trip.

I'm not sure where exactly but he was getting on a ramp and you where going the other way.   It was sometime around there he bobtailed down to get a trailer so he could sleep in today.    Its really encouraging to hear how much "you guys" run these trucks.   I know driving mine last week really wanted me to hurry up and get mine going.   

since putting in the new engine a few years ago, I wouldn't hesitate to drive that F model anywhere. I would like it to run a little bit faster , it is happy about 60 miles per hour. Fast enough for me, but not quite enough to keep up with traffic. Winchester is about the longest trip I've taken with that truck. An axle ratio change may be in the works as soon as I get my other project cleaned up.

• Like 1

All good Farmer, had a great time, headed over to Indiana today to pick up a Superdog with a KT Cummims in it. Looked a little rough, but had a KT with 20,000 miles since overhaul. Day Cab. I saw that  B sleeper at York, sweet truck and really nice people, he drives for Walmart. Send you some pics tomorrow of the day cab.