Scary near-miss this past Sunday with the Hahn

1958 F.W.D.

Glad to see you held it all together when the going got tough.  Glad you got belts for everyone in the cab.  I bought a set for the LS85 and before it hits the road, they will be bolted into the cab.  IT sucks she stalled like that.  That's one reason I don't like automatics but there are tons of them on the road and the stall is unusual as you stated.  Good points on knowing your equipment.  Glad you got through it without any major damage...hope the tires are serviceable...those aren't free these days.

Best of luck moving forward.

Grg

1 hour ago, Gmerrill0516 said:

Glad to see you held it all together when the going got tough.  Glad you got belts for everyone in the cab.  I bought a set for the LS85 and before it hits the road, they will be bolted into the cab.  IT sucks she stalled like that.  That's one reason I don't like automatics but there are tons of them on the road and the stall is unusual as you stated.  Good points on knowing your equipment.  Glad you got through it without any major damage...hope the tires are serviceable...those aren't free these days.

Best of luck moving forward.

Grg

Belts were factory original. Yup, never stalled a big automatic like that before. Drives are brand new re-caps and had less than 200 miles on them. Was joking about the one inch thing....But when we went home I made it a point to look for the skid marks and I would not be surprised if there WAS an inch missing. 

And I have to wonder- if I hadn't steered into the fishtail, would I have rolled that truck? 

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Sh*t!

That story sends shivers up and down my spine.

Still wonder how could you start the engine while sliding sidewards along the road.

Too glad to hear the turnout was good.

Edited by Vladislav

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

1958 FWD,  Saw your original post, didn't know a Hahn was a fire truck! Thought it was a highway in another country (like the Autobahn) lol didn't pay much attention.Wow that's something! In my mind you were acting from instinct and experience.Also common sense with the seat belt thing! The 1st car I drove legally was a 51 Merc coupe,no seat belts. My dad and I got an aftermarket set and installed them. That was 1962. I've been preaching seat belt use ever since! Those children could have been thrown out on busy 130 without them! Unthinkable! I've corrected several jackknifes, that were past the 15degrees that they say is the point of no return,without even thinking about it,you don't have time to think you just react! I had an emergency side glad hand come off with 8000lbs in the trl. On the cross bronx the trl. Was in the other lane before I knew it! I'm glad it turned out well for you and the kids!