68 F685st and lowboy

68-f-model

Uh oh, this don't sound good David.

Hmmmmm, I'd go $7-8K maybe,  depending on how solid the trailer is and the basic overall condition of both(engine, chassis, brakes, tires, electrical, etc).  It's all in the eye of the buyer and what they want to pay for something like this.

My .02

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I am just putting some thought into things lately as I don't have a CDL and hate to see this just sitting in the back yard only to be driven in circles once or twice a week.

I have two more sets of the wide tires and rims  (385/65r22.5) if anyone could use them.

Beauty and Value are in the eye of the beholder.  Most folks don't like COE's.  But for those of us who do they are hard to find and COOL.  But I would agree  that Freightrain is on the money

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

yep,  only the finest  5"  pipe that was kicking around in the shop at the time and just had to have the flappers.   Good news though,  the mack is staying put :).   Now happly holding down the back yard at the new house. Situations have turned for the better and now it can await  its well deserved new parts. Hopefully I can either get my cdl or figure out a way to use it without a cdl.  (any insight ??)

I keep trying to figure out ways I can goof around with 26K+ GVW trucks without a CDL, and keep coming to the conclusion that I just need to get my CDL. I'm pretty sure from what I've read that farm tags mean I don't need a CDL back home, but there's so much confusion about whether it would be OK across state lines even if only hauling personal property for hobby use (e.g. shop forklift or the family's big tractor with the post hole auger).

I nearly bought a similar setup (1970 Mack MB-600 and Phelan 15 ton lowboy) last fall for moving some of the bigger stuff around. I always felt my old F-600 (when we had it) and an equipment trailer was much easier to control with larger trucks, tractors, loads of masonry, et c. than a 1-ton pickup. Just feels like you've got the right equipment for the task, versus pushing something beyond its comfort zone. Glad to see you can hang on to this one!

Nothing wrong with a cabover :) Can't beat them for maneuverability, visibility, and as long as it's tilt-cab, they're pretty easy to wrench on.