B Model and 2 Story Falcon

9 hours ago, BillyT said:

The two H models and the B are all beautiful! Like the way Ford took the C cab and added the larger sleeper. Became a legitimate contender as an otr horse.Like Mowerman said were mostly " bug" haulers,but my friend hauled steel with one.The first commodity I ever hauled was bedbugs for an Allied Van Lines contractor in a"crackerbox Jimmy."

aaaaaah god love ya,,,cracker box jimmy  was the first truck i ever drove at 16....lol.bob

20 hours ago, mowerman said:

wow that thing is the shits beautiful job...... as a kid,,,,used to see quite a few of them,,,they were usually bedbuggers.......thanks al...doing hot august nights today.....bob:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Bob,

A buddy of mine  from  Oshkosh,Wis. is out there for the Hot August Nights also! If you see Bob (his name too),say hello LOL! Have fun,Bob  Al  

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I never thought about it before, but I guess the "H" designation came from being halfway between the "C" and the "N" that the truck was the offspring of. Someone at Ford was pretty clever.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

ya even the city model,, sold thousands of them,,,,i drove a couple of them myself....roadway hadda couple running around reno up untill around 5 years ago,they were still using them. i almost bought one off a buddy of mine around 20 years ago...was a stake bed with a diesel in it. wanted 2 Gs...decided i didnt have a place to keep it at the time.bob 

On 8/6/2016 at 3:48 PM, Red Horse said:

Jim-Nice shot.  any clue if that was taken in New Hampshire and when?  Friend of mine (Ken S) had a single axle Falcon that ended up in OHIO I think

That's Kenny's Ford and Frank Hales B model Bob

15 hours ago, fxfymn said:

I never thought about it before, but I guess the "H" designation came from being halfway between the "C" and the "N" that the truck was the offspring of. Someone at Ford was pretty clever.

The H came out in 1961 and the N came out in 1963. Maybe because the H was first, the next jump was to N.  But it is one letter off :D.

On 8/6/2016 at 11:40 AM, BillyT said:

The two H models and the B are all beautiful! Like the way Ford took the C cab and added the larger sleeper. Became a legitimate contender as an otr horse.Like Mowerman said were mostly " bug" haulers,but my friend hauled steel with one.The first commodity I ever hauled was bedbugs for an Allied Van Lines contractor in a"crackerbox Jimmy."

The C cab went "upstairs" on the H. I think the sleepers were the same.

1960-1969-ford-trucks-31.jpg

• Like 2

Phase one,you're dead right! I'm used to seeing the "shelf" sleeper without the xtra width,was fibreglass I think.But was an option on the C and the H.I never liked the C too much but the sleeper "makes" the truck! How about remove the stock grille and pan but leave every thing else(so it can be returned to stock)and put in a 54 Chevy grille with xtra teeth!