Bought a big B815 Mack. Couldn't pass it up.

On 7/19/2016 at 7:15 AM, j hancock said:

Did he let you make Vvroooom, Vvrooooom sounds?

Nope. I was too busy  trying  not  to  hit anything,while being  ready with the parking brake just in case of  an   "aw shit",Jim!    Al  

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey that's an awesome ride.  I haven't had any time to spend on BMT until lately and missed this thread.  Looks sharp.  Love that it has the 864 in it still.  The tin work looks pretty solid from the pictures.  Are the floors solid?  Anyway, enjoy it.  Good to see another 815 on here!!

Greg

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 8:38 PM, PeterMack said:

I haven't been on here much lately either. I moved shortly after I bought the truck. I started tearing into it pretty good at first but it's been put on the back burner at the moment while I get the new place straightened away. New place has a barn and both B's are sitting side by side waiting for me to get back to them. The truck is pretty solid. Floors have a few issues but aren't terrible. Plan is to make it mechanically sound but keep it mostly original otherwise.

Great plan.  It's worth preserving it like it is.  If mine was that straight I'd do the same.  Cool.  Keep us posted.  I hope to get a place of my own where I can work on mine more regularly as well as get it inside. 

Thanks again for sharing.

Greg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 8:38 PM, PeterMack said:

I haven't been on here much lately either. I moved shortly after I bought the truck. I started tearing into it pretty good at first but it's been put on the back burner at the moment while I get the new place straightened away. New place has a barn and both B's are sitting side by side waiting for me to get back to them. The truck is pretty solid. Floors have a few issues but aren't terrible. Plan is to make it mechanically sound but keep it mostly original otherwise.

I assume you can no longer buy the kind of tires that are on that 815 now...maybe I'm wrong (let me know!!!!).  I love those!  They are cool.  Some of the Mack books on the old trucks show factory photos with them.  Cool stuff.

19 hours ago, Gmerrill0516 said:

I assume you can no longer buy the kind of tires that are on that 815 now...maybe I'm wrong (let me know!!!!).  I love those!  They are cool.  Some of the Mack books on the old trucks show factory photos with them.  Cool stuff.

I think you can. My friend had the twin to that truck and he bought a couple from Pomps. I do want a new set of steers for it when summer rolls around, so I will find out for sure then.