Trump

david wild

8 hours ago, TeamsterGrrrl said:

Before this thread devolves into another conspiracy thread about jews, keep in mind that one of the most beloved (after Mack) auto makers on this site has a jewish CEO. Damn good one, too.

After I came out of service, we lived in Israel from 1972 to 1974, we learned one important thing.  "tsi nit alts farkoyfn di idn kurts" = "Don't sell the Jews short".

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

15 hours ago, HeavyGunner said:

And Hillary didn't?  

How come you didn't post multiple anti Hillary posts every time she got caught in another scandal? Or every time she has flip flopped on an issue?  

How about any anti Obama stuff?  Remember he was anti gay marraige until he got cornered after Biden opened his mouth.  

Or how about the Obama's pastor Jeremiah Wright who is on tape preaching he hates whites? I could go on and on and on with those twos scandals and incompetence while IN OFFICE.  Trump has done nothing wrong in office yet and it seems pretty short sighted to demonize and president before he even gets inaugurated. 

My old friend, my posts here focus on Trump because.......this is the "Trump" thread (note the title).

We have another thread on Hillary Clinton........http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/topic/40814-people-should-and-do-trust-me-hillary-clinton/?page=1

Am I required to post "anti Obama stuff". I've said before, I didn't vote for him.....I'm neutral on him.

I am not demonizing anyone. All of us here on BMT love our country, and born from that love we take the time to have a healthy exchange of thoughts here. Speaking from a global view and also including the U.S. home front, we are now living in dangerous times.

I started the Trump and Hillary threads, and now some new Trump-related threads given he is president-elect, so that everyone can exchange thoughts on key issues.

We live in a closed news environment knowing only a very small fraction of what our government is actually doing both at home and abroad. Much of the news is “fed” to achieve a desired reaction.

Though I may fail you at times, I attempt to post news that is worthy of your time. I abbreviate it to conserve your time. For example, many articles have several paragraphs at the end recapping what you already know from the day before. I try to post worthy news, and only the late breaking news. I don't post articles where the media needed to fill space....I don't want to waste your time. Often, only one sentence is new news, the rest rehashed from yesterday. I note overseas media because they absolutely present us with a different view which can broaden our horizons, and they often report on what the mainstream U.S. media avoids for sensitivity reasons.

I also want to add that I make a concerted effort to support all the news posts with videos when available, so that you can see/hear for yourself.

In summary, I make a sincere, dedicated attempt at presenting the most meaningful news, ridden of "fluff". In our controlled, closed news environment, you have to guess what's really going on. We are not given enough facts to "connect the dots". And many news items are "injected" in to steer the masses one way or the other, whether its to vote for a presidential candidate or go out and purchase the latest iphone (When they tell you its time to go buy stocks, it's actually not). 

Trump team seeks top-secret security clearances for Trump's children

CBS  /  November 14, 2016

President-elect Donald Trump is potentially seeking top secret security clearances for his children.

The Trump team has asked the White House to explore the possibility of getting his children the top secret security clearances. Logistically, the children would need to be designated by the current White House as national security advisers to their father to receive top secret clearances. However, once Mr. Trump becomes president, he would be able to put in the request himself.

His children would need to fill out the security questionnaire (SF-86) and go through the requisite background checks.

While nepotism rules prevent the president-elect from hiring his kids to work in the White House, they do not need to be government officials to receive top secret security clearances.

The issue raises another layer of questions about the unique role his children are playing and conflicts of interest with their running his network of businesses.

Mr. Trump’s children Ivanka, Eric and Donald Jr., as well as son-in-law Jared Kushner, were named to the president-elect’s transition team late last week. Though they were an integral part of his campaign team, Mr. Trump’s children have all stated that they will not hold formal roles in the government.

“No,” Ivanka told CBS News’ Lesley Stahl when asked during a “60 Minutes” interview if she would join the administration. “I’m going to be a daughter. But I’ve-- I’ve said throughout the campaign that I am very passionate about certain issues. And that I want to fight for them.”

11 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

My old friend, my posts here focus on Trump because.......this is the "Trump" thread (note the title).

We have another thread on Hillary Clinton........http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/topic/40814-people-should-and-do-trust-me-hillary-clinton/?page=1

Am I required to post "anti Obama stuff". I've said before, I didn't vote for him.....I'm neutral on him.

I am not demonizing anyone. All of us here on BMT love our country, and born from that love we take the time to have a healthy exchange of thoughts here. Speaking from a global view and also including the U.S. home front, we are now living in dangerous times.

I started the Trump and Hillary threads, and now some new Trump-related threads given he is president-elect, so that everyone can exchange thoughts on key issues.

We live in a closed news environment knowing only a very small fraction of what our government is actually doing both at home and abroad. Much of the news is “fed” to achieve a desired reaction.

Though I may fail you at times, I attempt to post news that is worthy of your time. I abbreviate it to conserve your time. For example, many articles have several paragraphs at the end recapping what you already know from the day before. I try to post worthy news, and only the late breaking news. I don't post articles where the media needed to fill space....I don't want to waste your time. Often, only one sentence is new news, the rest rehashed from yesterday. I note overseas media because they absolutely present us with a different view which can broaden our horizons, and they often report on what the mainstream U.S. media avoids for sensitivity reasons.

I also want to add that I make a concerted effort to support all the news posts with videos when available, so that you can see/hear for yourself.

In summary, I make a sincere, dedicated attempt at presenting the most meaningful news, ridden of "fluff". In our controlled, closed news environment, you have to guess what's really going on. We are not given enough facts to "connect the dots". And many news items are "injected" in to steer the masses one way or the other, whether its to vote for a presidential candidate or go out and purchase the latest iphone (When they tell you its time to go buy stocks, it's actually not). 

I know you try hard to post relevant news but I could be wrong but I haven't seen you post anything besides anti trump news. How he's going to wreck everything. That's all I was pointing out. I do think it's unfair to make him out to be a lame duck before he ever gets inaugurated. As much as these whiny protesters riot and and tantrum(which has basically been supported by this current administration by settling by idly everytime it happens) the people have spoken, and all of hillarys cheating couldn't win an election. Out of every candidate on both sides I would've picked trump because I'm sick of career politicians who say whatever needs to be said to get elected then do nothing.  Or they are so glued to one idea no matter what, even if they end up believing they were wrong will never change their minds. Enough of the lobbyist who buy career politicians at an early stage in their career. That ends up polluting our government by them making decisions based on favors owed or lining their pockets.  

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

8 hours ago, HeavyGunner said:

I know you try hard to post relevant news but I could be wrong but I haven't seen you post anything besides anti trump news. How he's going to wreck everything. That's all I was pointing out. I do think it's unfair to make him out to be a lame duck before he ever gets inaugurated. As much as these whiny protesters riot and and tantrum(which has basically been supported by this current administration by settling by idly everytime it happens) the people have spoken, and all of hillarys cheating couldn't win an election. Out of every candidate on both sides I would've picked trump because I'm sick of career politicians who say whatever needs to be said to get elected then do nothing.  Or they are so glued to one idea no matter what, even if they end up believing they were wrong will never change their minds. Enough of the lobbyist who buy career politicians at an early stage in their career. That ends up polluting our government by them making decisions based on favors owed or lining their pockets.  

My friend, look at this thread, which I started. Read my very first post.

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/topic/40814-people-should-and-do-trust-me-hillary-clinton/?page=1

Rather than have a big mess, a bunch of cluttered "noise", I thought to organize Clinton and Trump news on separate focused threads (David started the original "Trump" thread).

When I post the news, I avoid the "opinions" of the news organizations, and the generally worthless hearsay, and post what was actually said, and try to support it with video. If you see the man/woman say it, that is factual.

About the cheating, the masses will never be told what these two people have actually done in their lives. It's ensured that we can't connect the dots. And we aren't witnesses. We only know what we're told, and we're often told from a script that has ulterior motive when it comes to government. Their goal is to manipulate and control you. When you become upset over Hillary or what not, that indicates they have succeeded. Take a step back, a deep breath, and stay in control of your thoughts. Don't allow them to control it.

Trump said that he was going to drain the swamp in Washington, because politicians couldn't make America great again. And yet, he ran as a republican, forming a bond with the political establishment rather than running as an independent, and 99 percent of his camp are career politicians.

Trump remains direct election advocate, dislikes Electoral College

Associated Press  /  November 15, 2016

President-elect Donald Trump once tweeted that the Electoral College is “The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy.

But now that it has helped him to win the election, does he still believe that?

“I’m not going to change my mind just because I won,” Trump said in an interview with CBS’ “60 Minutes” that aired Sunday. “But I would rather see it where you went with simple votes. You know, you get 100 million votes and somebody else gets 90 million votes and you win.”

Trump beat Clinton in last week’s election by amassing more than the 270 electoral votes needed to win. He won 290 to Clinton’s 228, with Michigan and New Hampshire still too close to call.

But Clinton currently leads Trump in the popular vote by more than 700,000 votes (61.3 million to 60.6 million) with several million left to be counted. If her lead holds, Clinton would be the first presidential candidate since 2000 to win the popular vote while losing the White House.

(In that year, Al Gore lost the Electoral College to George W. Bush.) Hillary Clinton, who was then first lady, called at the time for the college to be disbanded so that no one would ever have to doubt again whether his or her vote counted.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lesley Stahl: Now, for months, you were running around saying that the system is rigged, the whole thing was rigged. You tweeted once that the Electoral College is a disaster for democracy.

Donald Trump: I do.

Lesley Stahl: So do you still think it’s rigged?

Donald Trump: Well, I think the electoral ca-- look, I won with the Electoral College.

Lesley Stahl: Exactly.But do you think--

Donald Trump: You know, it’s--

Lesley Stahl: --it’s rigged?

Donald Trump: Yeah, some of the election locations are. Some of the system is. I hated--

Lesley Stahl: Even though you won you’re saying that--

Donald Trump: I hated-- well, you know, I’m not going to change my mind just because I won. But I would rather see it where you went with simple votes. You know, you get 100 million votes and somebody else gets 90 million votes and you win. There’s a reason for doing this because it brings all the states into play. Electoral College and there’s something very good about that. But this is a different system. But I respect it. I do respect the system.

CNN  /  November 15, 2016

Retiring Democratic Sen. Barbara Boxer is set to introduce a Senate bill that aims to end the Electoral College.

Boxer announced in a statement on Tuesday that the bill, which she planned to introduce later Tuesday afternoon, would determine the winner of presidential elections by the outcome of the popular vote.

She cited President-elect Donald Trump's victory in the Electoral College despite Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton's apparent popular vote advantage.

"In my lifetime, I have seen two elections where the winner of the general election did not win the popular vote," said Boxer. "The Electoral College is an outdated, undemocratic system that does not reflect our modern society, and it needs to change immediately. Every American should be guaranteed that their vote counts."

The presidency is the only office where you can get more votes & still lose. It's time to end the Electoral College.

— Sen. Barbara Boxer (@SenatorBoxer) November 15, 2016

"In 2012, Donald Trump tweeted, 'The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy,' " Boxer added. "I couldn't agree more. One person, one vote!"

According to the election results as of Tuesday, Clinton won 61,329,657 votes and Trump won 60,530,867.

This is the fifth time in history that a nominee has won the popular vote but not the Electoral College.

A popular vote "advantage" was ALL she had. She did not "WIN" a majority of the vote, so had there NOT been an electoral college, the election would have gone to the House of Representatives. 50% + 1 is required to have a majority, and NO Clinton has ever achieved that in the popular vote. Not even Bill.

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

No matter who the candidates of the 2016 presidential elections were, be they Joe Schmo and Jill Doe, I myself feel the Electoral College is at the very least an obsolete relic of the past, if not a mechanism preventing a transparent and accurate reflection of the voting public.

Founding father Alexander Hamilton writes in “The Federalist Papers,” they created the Electoral College  to ensure that a president is chosen “by men most capable of analyzing the qualities adapted to the station, and acting under circumstances favorable to deliberation, and to a judicious combination of all the reasons and inducements which were proper to govern their choice.”

Simply put, they didn’t want to allow the uneducated (ignorant) commoners to select the president, because they didn’t view them as “capable”. Now fast forward to year 2016, should the thought process of 228 years ago, another time and place with different attitudes, still be in use today?

The founding fathers of our country were amongst the small group of wealthy and schooled aristocracy in the thirteen English colonies that felt the uneducated commoners were unqualified to participate in government. Rather than allow the masses to direct vote, the founding fathers created the Electoral College, ensuring that a proper choice was made for president and vice-president (by the aristocracy behind the veil).

The founding fathers enticed the commoners (mass population) of the English colonist to join together in a revolutionary war for independence by promising them the ability to participate in government. However they didn’t really mean it and, at that time, were quite concerned that should they gain independence, the commoners would hold them to their promises. Much to their relief, that never happened. Under the illusion that they had a say in government, the ignorant commoners for the most part fell in line and allowed the founding fathers to run the show.

"Independence: The Struggle to Set America Free", by John Ferling - http://www.amazon.co...s=independence)

The people DO get their say...in the House of Representatives. The people also seized the states voice for themselves with the 17th Amendment. Now you're advocating yielding the presidency to the "popular" vote, despite the fact that a majority in the popular vote is not common enough to keep many elections from being decided by the house. NO Clinton has EVER received a majority in the popular vote!

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

4 minutes ago, RowdyRebel said:

The people DO get their say...in the House of Representatives. The people also seized the states voice for themselves with the 17th Amendment. Now you're advocating yielding the presidency to the "popular" vote, despite the fact that a majority in the popular vote is not common enough to keep many elections from being decided by the house. NO Clinton has EVER received a majority in the popular vote!

Now this is interesting. Pray tell, how to the people get their say in the House of Representatives? I've never met anyone who felt their thoughts were represented by the career politicians there.

I myself am advocating we should have a direct vote, where each and every American's vote actually counts.

As Trump said, there's no rocket science to direct voting. I'm in full agreement with him.

"I would rather see it where you went with simple votes. You know, you get 100 million votes and somebody else gets 90 million votes and you win.”    Donald Trump

Then I guess the republican  Party then would have to lower their standards, the democrats have always run a dishonest campaign, they have used the media to spread lies,  Trump comes along and uses their own tricks against them and they complain, in fact now I watch the liberal news and I hear and see that it was a white wash, that the white voter went out and voted against Clinton to punish Obama??? First I thought voting was something that we all could do, not just liberals, and if Clinton wants to run on failed Obama mandates and gets beat, then maybe she should have come with some of her own stuff instead of rehashing Obama's old crap. She never had a thought of her own, just pushed the same old crap, nothing new, more welfare, more government and more taxes. Americans stood up and said that they have had enough. Isn't it just too bad that white conservative people expressed their feelings and voted to send a message to Washington, shape up or you might be next.

GO TRUMP 

• Like 2

Hey when you are playing cards if you get trumped that means you got beat ???? Clinton was trumped by Trump??  can we call him the Trumpster.  If beating the crap out of some loser can we describe it as a Trumping ??  I can see it now, little johnny will be told to stop trumping your sister and the lefty's will think it's about groping, speaking about groping, I kinda like groping my wife, I like the way it makes her squirm, after being married for a million years (seems that way) a little groping is fun ???  but then I guess liberals would not know about that, I don't think they have sex, seeing how they react to what every normal person does, guess that's why they need their dope. maybe they put their women on a pedastal and just sniff ??? 

I have a tidbit about viagra, being from the North and living in the south I get constantly harressed, I ask my southern freinds if they know that viagra is not sold north of the Mason Dixon line, normally I have to educate them on what the Mason Dixon line is, I explain to them viagra is not sold north of the Mason Dixon because it is not needed.   no more north and south, red and blue. 

This here is an interesting read: http://greengarageblog.org/10-far-reaching-pros-and-cons-of-the-electoral-college I couldn't help but notice how many of the "disadvantages" are such because it is "harmful to the democracy". Funny, because we are NOT a democracy and never have been. We are a Republic.

The difference between a democracy and a republic: https://www.1215.org/lawnotes/lawnotes/repvsdem.htm

There are 3 types of people advocating the dissolution of the electoral college: sore losers, the uneducated, and those who would like to see voter fraud in the cities affect the outcome of the entire election instead of only the individual states where it occurs.

6 hours ago, RowdyRebel said:

This here is an interesting read: http://greengarageblog.org/10-far-reaching-pros-and-cons-of-the-electoral-college I couldn't help but notice how many of the "disadvantages" are such because it is "harmful to the democracy". Funny, because we are NOT a democracy and never have been. We are a Republic.

The difference between a democracy and a republic: https://www.1215.org/lawnotes/lawnotes/repvsdem.htm

There are 3 types of people advocating the dissolution of the electoral college: sore losers, the uneducated, and those who would like to see voter fraud in the cities affect the outcome of the entire election instead of only the individual states where it occurs.

The U.S., if you take it at face value, operates as a quasi republic and democracy.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2014/01/united-states-republic-democracy/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2015/05/13/is-the-united-states-of-america-a-republic-or-a-democracy/

I support the termination of the Electoral College, and the beginning of direct elections, in which, inherently, each person's vote literally counts. Which of the three types of people am I ?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/03/voter-fraud-california-man-finds-dozens-ballots-stacked-outside-home.html

http://mobile.wnd.com/2016/10/heres-what-voter-fraud-looks-like-in-23-states-2/

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2016/09/22/cbs4-investigation-finds-dead-voters-casting-ballots-in-colorado/

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/oct/17/no-voter-fraud-isnt-myth-10-cases-where-its-all-to/

http://theantimedia.org/heres-a-rundown-of-election-fraud-in-the-2016-presidential-race-so-far/

http://www.inquisitr.com/3517294/2016-nevada-voter-fraud-allegation-irrefutable-evidence-of-corruption-favoring-clinton/

Every person's vote is NOT equal when illegals, ineligible voters, the deceased, and people registered in several jurisdictions are casting ballots...multiple ballots...not to mention the ballots that are "lost" or "misplaced". Each incident currently only affects a single state's outcome, NOT the national election. And if it's close? How expensive do you suppose a NATIONWIDE recount will be?

The system we have is there for a reason, and has served us well. EDUCATE yourself...unless you're desiring to see election fraud become a major issue rather than the localized problem it currently is. Given your posts in this thread, might even be a hint of sore loser thrown in too.