Pictures of the Week

other dog

It is a bad deal that that other company blocks off their area and creates all that unnecessary work, but then again, they have no idea when it's a compatant compotant real driver or when some newb is gonna drag the van or front of the building away trying. :)

Out here the big loads with two tractors have one up front and one out back. Several of the loads like this that I've seen lately have the back tractor controlled by the front truck. I say it is cause I have yet to see a driver standing by the road afterward wondering where the heck his load went.

Talking about pickups and cars in the way is like we have ever day working in town on a city street job.You can have a load of rock needing to b dumped in a hole that is holding up the job and they will always be a white pickup setting in the way.It will be a inspector or a job forman.I have blowed my horn to get them to move and they will go around the block and get in some one else way.

glenn akers

Must not need tail lights in Columbus? Wouldn't think coyote hides would be any good. By now most of the guard hairs are gone due to heavy use and sticking to the snow and ice when they lay down. Plus those ugly brown ones back east don't bring much $$$. Must be a political statement?

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

On 2/27/2016 at 11:19 PM, HeavyGunner said:

Must not need tail lights in Columbus? Wouldn't think coyote hides would be any good. By now most of the guard hairs are gone due to heavy use and sticking to the snow and ice when they lay down. Plus those ugly brown ones back east don't bring much $$$. Must be a political statement?

That would be my guess about the coyotes, there's another big plywood sign there complaining about an insurance company. There used to be a $50 bounty on coyotes in Appomattox, Cumberland, and several more counties around here. I should check Campbell County, if there's a bounty here I could offer him $25 each, load 'em up, and bring them here and say I killed them in the back yard. There's cattle there too, they might have killed some of his calves or something.

I don't know if they're like the wolves or not- some years ago, somebody decided that it would be a good idea to bring wolves back into the mountains of western Va.

http://www.vlrc.org/articles/42.html

Now people are complaining about wolves killing their livestock, especially in Highland County where they raise a lot of sheep.

This was pretty interesting too-

http://www.c-ville.com/coywolves-albemarle-county-new-species-calls-area-home/#.VtK2sJwrIdU

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

The curtain side pushes more air all the time than the skateboard but "tarping" is sure easier.

True that, it pulls hard even empty, it's so wide you can't see anything but the front corners in the mirror, and chaining is a hassle, but the tarping part is great!

That would be my guess about the coyotes, there's another big plywood sign there complaining about an insurance company. There used to be a $50 bounty on coyotes in Appomattox, Cumberland, and several more counties around here. I should check Campbell County, if there's a bounty here I could offer him $25 each, load 'em up, and bring them here and say I killed them in the back yard. There's cattle there too, they might have killed some of his calves or something.

I don't know if they're like the wolves or not- some years ago, somebody decided that it would be a good idea to bring wolves back into the mountains of western Va.

http://www.vlrc.org/articles/42.html

Now people are complaining about wolves killing their livestock, especially in Highland County where they raise a lot of sheep.

This was pretty interesting too-

http://www.c-ville.com/coywolves-albemarle-county-new-species-calls-area-home/#.VtK2sJwrIdU

Yeah we've got the same problem with Wolves here too. For some interesting reading look up the Yellowstone elk herd and its decline since the introduction of wolves. If memory serves me correctly I believe that herd declined 75% in the first five years and never has recovered. The sad thing is that was the herd that we trapped elk out of when we wanted to reintroduce them to their former haunts.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Thank you for sharing.

The oversize load is impressive.

It gets me thinking on how seldom I can see anything oversized here.

Sure there are some big showels or cranes transported but far from to be that much.

I know there's a dead planty of ristrictions and other BS about oversize transporting and it seems to me as a mark of the economy development.

Easier to say some ones do job and the other just busy creating restrictions...

And the coil sure got a drop.

Nice pic with a green B-model.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Tom, call me ignorant but why all the reloading of coils? Why not pick them up with the Conestoga in the first place?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I had a van on the first trip, they can't unload the van at N.B.Handy in Lynchburg, so they have to unload them at the shop and put them on a flatbed so they can be side unloaded. The Conestoga was on the second trip to McKees Rocks to load.

I had a van on the first trip, they can't unload the van at N.B.Handy in Lynchburg, so they have to unload them at the shop and put them on a flatbed so they can be side unloaded. The Conestoga was on the second trip to McKees Rocks to load.

I was just wondering could you use the Conestoga in place of the van on the first trip, to avoid the extra labor.

I was just wondering could you use the Conestoga in place of the van on the first trip, to avoid the extra labor.

No, they want van loads only at Chester, W.V. in the winter time, they'll unload flatbeds in the summer. And Kyanite Mining Corp. won't load a flatbed from the end, only from the side. They used to, but not any more.

No, they want van loads only at Chester, W.V. in the winter time, they'll unload flatbeds in the summer. And Kyanite Mining Corp. won't load a flatbed from the end, only from the side. They used to, but not any more.

All according to the customer. Good to hear you can give them the service they need. I used to use my 102" dump trailer w/3-way gate for skidded loads... 16 pallets fit nicely on the floor. A few customers were thrown at first until they got to know me and my trailer. Other than a difference in dock height, worked pretty smooth most places.

All according to the customer. Good to hear you can give them the service they need. I used to use my 102" dump trailer w/3-way gate for skidded loads... 16 pallets fit nicely on the floor. A few customers were thrown at first until they got to know me and my trailer. Other than a difference in dock height, worked pretty smooth most places.

I see a lot of dump trailers loading regular coils at Sharon Coatings in Sharon, Pa.

I see a lot of dump trailers loading regular coils at Sharon Coatings in Sharon, Pa.

A lot of dumpers use that as back hauls for scrap going in to the steel mills. I never had tie downs in the bed for coils, I needed my trailer to be weatherproof for other products, and tie downs in the floor creates a moisture path.