Oldest Cummins Engine?

Mike Blais

Thanks for posting. Sure is interesting! Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I have a 1942 HB Cummins was gunna fix it up once but Cummins Australia didnt have any parts or maybe just werent interested back then I have some spares (brand new) but not enough

Great read thanks for sharing the link

Paul

what are you missing? I have a few HB600 parts from a '40's Federal a friend of mine had. I think theres a head,some rocker box parts,and a piston or 2.

• Like 1

Very interesting. How many remember when Cummins did it's search for the oldest Cummins engine still in use? I think it was in conjunction with their 50th anniversary. Oldest found was a HB in a cobbled up old Diamond T used as a spotter,I can't remember the year,but I'm sure it was a HB400 4 cylinder. They ran a number of ads following the search and spotlighted the finalists,an AC Mack made the finals,as well as a Freightliner bubblenose that had survived Mt. St. Helens. The winner went on tour and was displayed at several trade shows,I got to see it at the Walcott Iowa 80 show.

I remember that advertising campaign. Cummins also featured an Autocar and a White, if I recall correctly.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Wow, what are the odds of finding the first one built? Hopefully they get it running and do something cool with it.

Well one of the early 1932 HB series Cummins was in this 1932 MACK bus, could even have been the prototype. I wonder where it ended up?

Cummins%201932%20mack%20bk_zpsuhesqnxh.j

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Well one of the early 1932 HB series Cummins was in this 1932 MACK bus, could even have been the prototype. I wonder where it ended up?

Would be interesting to find out where it ended up and the bus too. I really like that style of bus.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

I too remember that advertising campaign. Cummins also featured an Autocar and a White, if I recall correctly.

Remember that also. It was in OVERDRIVE and OWNER OPERATOR Cummins ads, as well. It's pretty cool,when companies do this. Any company that gives a crap about their heritage,should have contests like this.To me,MACK has always been respectful of their heritage.Even though we may disagree with some the present ideals. Like 'em or not,Volvo did put 9 million dollars into the MACK Customer Center (instead of tossing history away like the White archives into a preverbial dumpster which was saved by the ATHS).My 02 Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

what are you missing? I have a few HB600 parts from a '40's Federal a friend of mine had. I think theres a head,some rocker box parts,and a piston or 2.

your kidding me mines out of my Federal and well Im missing rocker gear as in most of it it came with new injectors and VRS gasket set the heads were off and its been full of water so I reckon I would need sleeves as well

Paul

• Like 1