More Obama stupidity

david wild

Well I think beheading is a little strong but I would not mind seeing him jumping out of the back of an E-350 van with flashing yellow lights on the roof and wearing a yellow jump suit preparing to pick up litter along I-95.

But I have been thinking about all the attention to global warming while we do NOTHING to strong arm the big polluters like China and India. We shut down our coal and oil burning power plants, cripple our foundry industry (as an example) and then look the other way when it comes to these third world shit holes.

And all the nonsense on electrification of cars and trucks- and what generates the juice to charge the batteries?

• Like 2

Like I tell everyone we just need a big black out like they had in the northeast 8 or 10 years ago. Back then the power grid was not big enough to handle the demand. Another black out and all the shut down coal fired power plants will reopen.

• Like 1

This is Mack country. On a quiet night you can hear a peterbilt rust away.

Wind does not work in GA, and when the sun goes away for a day or so then what ??? If wind and solar are so great then why does it not get done with out heavy tax support ??? and yeah I would like him beheaded, does not seem to bother him when it happens to someone else???

• Like 2

A little perspective on power plants. One 1000 mega watt nuclear or coal plant if it were replaced by wind power would require 300 plus 100 foot high windmills running non stop 24 hours a day 365 days a year. I am guessing that at most those windmills would run 1/5 of the time. That equates to 1500 100 foot high windmills. May bee we could mount a wind powered beanie on top of Obummer's head and hook him up to the grid. I am not sure what acreage would be required to produce that much power with solar but I guess it would be considerable.

• Like 1

300 plus windmills staggered for the required normal maintenance will put 15% out of service at and given time. Add electronics failures@ 4 days per unit, gear box failures @ 14 days per unit, blade failures @ 30 to 90 days off line. These figures are for 1.5 mega watt units. You times the down times for failures or maintenance by 8% per additional mega watt and 40% for off shore units.

Why don't they undo the Clinton presidencies order with the EPA about removing the Hydro-electric units to restore the "natural river systems" and get them back in the loop?

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Wind=495,360 square miles to power with USA until 2030

Solar=160,000,000 4x8 solar panels 51,200,000,000 Square feet of panels

Hydro Electric=10,000 to 10,500 dams over 3 feet tall. There are 80,000+ dams in the Army Corps of Engineers files that meet the specs needed for Hydroelectric power and we have 2490 making power.

* Coal=480 BILLION short tons in reserve. 19.7 BILLIONS short tons of easily recoverable. Known but not mined 256 BILLION short tons.

* Natural Gas=2,276 TRILLION cubic feet recoverable dry Natural Gas reserves

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

wind and solar!

I have a very good friend that is a Nuc. Eng. I was seriously considering a very large investment in solar panels on our farm buildings.

So very very very much work has to be done in order for wind and solar to make much of a difference.

Google the Duck Curve.....

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.