Got ta love LT's. That is a older photo the second red on, 1951, is no longer in the states. Green 1952 looks to be a LTH.

There are a lot of LT's still around believe it or not. Even with only 2000 built there are many survivors. Some still hidden and waiting on rescue I hear.

No, If that truck has original parts the step bracket is a steel bracket, LTH and not an aluminum casting,LTL like the other trucks in the photo. Chances are the logger is a LTH too and a naturally aspirated diesel (because of air filter). Aluminum parts broke a lot in off road use many loggers were LTH's

Difference was the 140 some aluminum castings and 2000lbs difference between the two.

All the LTL's in the picture were built by Mack as LTL's. In the last 60 years, some parts and pieces have been changed.

The 1951 red LTL still is Massachusetts. When this picture was taken, it was powered by a Hall Scott gasoline motor. The owner of the red LTL purchased Jack Frost's brown LTL from CO which was powered by an Iron Lung Cummins diesel. An inquiry from a person overseas led to the Jack Frost LTL being fitted with the Hall Scott engine and sold and shipped off.

The 1951 red LTL then had the Iron Lung Cummins installed. It now has the type of engine and drive train very close to how it was built by Mack on day one.

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Jim, Thanks for the update, I try and keep a loose track of these trucks. I know there is a red Hall Scott powers that is in Australia and thinking that was the one. Not many gas jobs still running around.

The 1951 still has the HallScott emblem, that through me off if it now has a Cummins.

Over 60 years a lot can change and I was only looking at what the photo shows. All Great looking trucks!! Keep them ALL RUNNING!!

We have the discussion here about "missing" trucks every so often. I think many try to keep track of certain vehicles.

On a side note, Matt Pfahl was going to put an LTL together for a customer with a 425 CAT. Do you happen to know if this happened or if went into project limbo?

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

He was going to do that truck about the same time me did my B755. There are photos of it on a trailer somewhere. No the project did not happen, lack of money I was told. I don't know what happened to the truck or the parts. Matt did a black LT for Keith Jones last year and was looking for parts for it.

I am told there are a few original LT's up by you stashed away, you know of them?

That is animal cruelty leaving a helpless old dog out in the elements. It needs rescued and good home.

There are a few LT's out here in AZ even they rust after 30-40 years outside. I went to look at them several years ago, not much left but to the owner worth their weight in gold. Sitting in a field not worth to much to anyone but maybe what could be...

All I know is that I am doing my part to save a few old truck for others to enjoy with me. Wish I could save more.

This truck is 10 minutes from me, I've never seen it though!

It is amazing what some guys have hidden and get out almost never. I was in California this summer at an engine shop waiting for them to dyno my engine. A guy come in and said to come over to his place to kill a little time, I did and holly crap!! There were about a dozen old XK Jags there in various states of restoration. One I had only seen in photo's and had a full race history, value $15,000,000 and just sitting there dust covered and beautiful. A Maserati one of four built and on... Just crazy to see million dollar cars in an old I mean old warehouse outside of San Fransisco. How would think.

Was in Vegas 15 years ago at Wheeler Construction, wonder if it is still in business? and he has several LT's gas and diesel setting there in his fenced in yard. Non were for sale but in great shape sitting in the dessert for 30 years. Maybe they are still there.

A few more years of production would have been nice.

I suppose Mack wanted to have production based on their flagship B model. At least they added the B with L series cab to satisfy customer demand.

I had my LTL at the ATHS show in Rochester, Mn when a gentelman came over to look it over. He told me that he drove the last new LT off the lot at the Denver,Co Mack dealer in 1957. He said his boss needed a truck bad and the salesman gave him a great deal because they were pushing sales of the B Model.

• Like 1