B series oil filter availability

You make a valid point. I wonder what year production was stopped on the Mack OEM filter?

At least 10 or more years ago according to my MACK parts guru.

One thing to also remember the current filters have a much better filtering medium than the older ones.

I would never use a FRAM FIlter ever. To many problems with their internals, they are not the quality they were even a few years ago.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

At least 10 or more years ago according to my MACK parts guru.

One thing to also remember the current filters have a much better filtering medium than the older ones.

I would never use a FRAM FIlter ever. To many problems with their internals, they are not the quality they were even a few years ago.

Would Baldwin be a better choice then the Fram? Dont want to start another filter brand war but would just like to know what common brand people are using?

I use Baldwin and Donaldson with out problems. NAPA in a pinch with no problems either .

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I only have one B but this is the number from my truck folder. DONALDSON P779062

P.T.CHESHIRE

Does anyone still have a surplus of the Mack oil filters for the B series? Mack# 236GB311A

My local dealer has a Fram# C206 in stock and I have also located Baldwin P706M. Just curious if anyone still stocks the OEM Mack filter. Thanks

-Jeremy

The 236GB311A in the later years was supplied by Fram, so feel free to use the it (ie. the C206).

Here is a Fram Cartridge filter out of the can. 2nd pic is 3 filters for a small block chevy Motocraft, Pureolator and Fram.

Fram is owned by the RANK Group and the quality of the product has gone down. Metal replaced by cardboard and held together with RTV.

post-3242-0-17603500-1442543569_thumb.jp

post-3242-0-79088800-1442543661.jpg

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

NAPA filters are Wix

FW

AC Delco, NAPA, Bosch and Wix are made the same as the Motocraft and Pureolator. FRAM and Some off brands are the cheaply made ones. Ford and Dodge tells you right off the bat if you use Fram you void our warrenty.

P.T.CHESHIRE

Cummins will tell you about the fram.I am speaking of the 5.9 engine and back years ago I found out that they will not pay a warrant claim if the filter was any part of the problem.One problem that the 5.9 had was when using a fram oil filter some times they would come apart and then the oil takes part of the filter with it.Some times it would stop the oil flow on a piston cooler nozzle skinning a piston.

glenn akers

Cummins will tell you about the fram.I am speaking of the 5.9 engine and back years ago I found out that they will not pay a warrant claim if the filter was any part of the problem.One problem that the 5.9 had was when using a fram oil filter some times they would come apart and then the oil takes part of the filter with it.Some times it would stop the oil flow on a piston cooler nozzle skinning a piston.

Same on the FOMOCO and GM's

P.T.CHESHIRE

Something to keep in mind...there are only a few filter manufacturers and they all make filters for various suppliers. However, each supplier may have a different specification so the filters made by a manufacturer may not be the same quality. But at the end of the day I was never impressed with FRAM. The only way to check a filter is to cut it open and compare. As I posted previously, I only use OE filters in my vehicles.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"