B-73 Restoration

Wow!!!!!!!!!! That’s all I got this time. Enjoy it bud. You certainly deserve it. A lot of work inspiration for me to start working on mine. I think I’ll drive it in later this weekend and start sanding down the nose you’ve got me all jacked up.

My entire interest well that entirely was the attack that nose it’s been hit and fixed several times I really wanted to start on the cab and the doors but that nose is got me very interested if nothing else the challenge, and the satisfaction of end  results thanks for all your inspiration I think I’ll bring it in there Saturday morning and start on it 

21 minutes ago, skydawg said:

Hey Matt,is the guy you bought it from still alive? I`ll bet he wouldn`t believe it`s the same truck,if he saw it.

What a great thought, I  bet some people get stumped when they see the result

Some years on a YouTube show called Roadkill

The lads got a old race car and got it all going and on the road 

Took it around to show to the original fella that built the car

I think they thought he was gunna be all excited, the original builder wasn't and I think it bought back a lot of no so good memories 

Funny how we think we are doing the right thing and someone is gunna love it

A bit like when we buy the cook a really great Christmas prezzy or birthday prezzy and the look on her face as she opens it tells us we missed the mark lol

Bet the fella it came from would be surprised 

Paul

• Like 2

When I built my B I sent pics to a relative of the guy I got it from once it was done I told my wife I wanted to call him and drive it up to him but sadly I got a call that he had passed that week so he never got to see it in person but the fella that I was sending the pics to did get to come to watts to see it . So I would say send a message to the old owner and make his day 

• Like 1

If your going to be a bear be a grizzly

53 minutes ago, mattb73lt said:

I know someone was asking about aluminum polish quite a while back and  I can't recall who. But, this is the two products I just ordered that we tried a few weeks ago at my friends shop. Both are made by Alumaclear and the only place I was able to purchase them from was on their website. I have been using a product called Zephyr 40, but that stuff was leaving the aluminum cloudy unlike the Alumaclear. It leaves a much clearer final finish. I did the radiator and driver's tank with it today and spent about 20 minutes on each. This was just the blue Ultra Fine product. I'll try the green stuff out later.

D449C0DB-6334-46E1-A24C-9D013C265175_1_105_c.jpeg

72D0A259-5C0C-4C2F-921E-20DDF2713A79_1_105_c.jpeg

7AA4505C-D696-482B-AE71-E6D069C134A5_1_105_c.jpeg

346B3F5E-CED3-44A4-9917-EC4C2B1784EA_1_105_c.jpeg

same fuel tank but chromed ????  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, mattb73lt said:

Ha-Ha, No, just some elbow grease and polish!!

your messin with my head  aren't you.!!  NO WAY  the black tanks from original found truck in woods were chrome under that paint. 😱 and if they were ;; darn that's A LOT OF ELBOW grease. LOL

• Like 1

I see it now those are different fuel caps .   was a long day for me today outside in the sun working on a JD farm tractor  so  my focus ability is a tad off  (and possibly a shot or 2 of jack daniels had somethin to do with it)

• Like 1

On 7/27/2023 at 9:06 PM, mattb73lt said:

He passed a few years ago. I am in contact with his daughter and son in law. The son in law runs the company now and has for some time. I do keep them updated on my progress and send them pictures. Some of which made it to the previous owner before he passed. I'm also in touch with the original owner's nephew in Texas, he was from New Fairfield, CT before relocating his trucking business there. I did track down the original owner, too, and he came by the house in 2004 to see the truck, albeit in pieces. He was amazed the truck still existed and that I was able to track him down.

Ancient history is  part  of  the fun IMO..in particular when the truck is not too removed from the original  owner(s).

• 2 weeks later...