B-73 Restoration

12 minutes ago, 1961H67 said:

My goodness that is so detailed! Hopefully the weather will be nice over the weekend ! Almost got it. 

I didn't repaint everything. I wasn't able to get any of the "Heavy Equipment Yellow", which was very close to the factory engine color. So, I ended up using Cat Yellow on the main assembly. Some of the accessories are that more pale yellow. After some use it'll all blend anyway. 

• Like 2

It’s been raining here on and off also around 8 days….. body parts installation seems like we’ve been through this before. Ha ha as always, great progress bud… hats  off … for sure right now when you get done the truck will not need  anything at all except water and polish . Bob

13 hours ago, mattb73lt said:

Not yet. Still lots to hook up. I did finish the oil system today and fill the crankcase with over 8+ gallons of oil. Later, I cranked the engine on the starter, no fuel, and was able to build 40 PSI on the gauge. Fixed a clutch linkage issue, somehow installed a bell crank backwards giving a very stiff pedal. Much easier now!  Had to dodge rain showers all afternoon and finally called it quits about 4:30 due to that. Stuck the hood on to give the engine some cover.

256E58B5-0028-482E-9DDC-D42F1D2CEC70_1_105_c.jpeg

IMG_0245.jpeg

It's the "mona Lisa" of the mechanical world . darn nice looking. can't walk good enough today for Bethlehem show; hope for walking Brooklen; especially if the B73 will be there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mattb73lt said:

Yeah, it’s not too far off. This color is Cat Yellow. The fluorescent lighting changes the color a lot. When I shot it the first time I thought I was way off on the color. Once it was out in natural light it looked real close. People always ask, shouldn’t it be beige or gold?. Not in this vintage. I think they’re both close enough. I’m not trying to win some concours, I want to drive it and have fun.

25168147-0F74-48D2-9076-B2E20B289F19.jpeg

Looks freakin' beautiful to me!

• Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

you can always take some masking tape and spiral the driveshaft  ; paint it white like a barber shop pole. then ask the UPS driver his opinion. LOL  . I saw the B-42 at the Brooklyn show; you weren't around . You left when I was spending money at the flea market section. any ideas/hopes for the B-73 first show appearance??

14 minutes ago, mechohaulic said:

you can always take some masking tape and spiral the driveshaft  ; paint it white like a barber shop pole. then ask the UPS driver his opinion. LOL  . I saw the B-42 at the Brooklyn show; you weren't around . You left when I was spending money at the flea market section. any ideas/hopes for the B-73 first show appearance??

Not sure. I was setting my sights on Brooklyn, but now I think I’ll be ready for Lancaster, MA in August. The only problem is that now is the same weekend as my employer’s DreamRide weekend for the Special Olympics. That’s also a long way to go with no weight on the back, as the ride sucks without any.

• Thanks 1