Broken axle

JPK4575

Hello I broke the rear ,rear axle shaft at the hub and I can't get the rest of the axle out.I took the other axle out on the other side so I could push the broken shaft out but it will only move about 1" back and forth. I can turn the axle when the axle in both positions. Looking in the tube everything looks good any ideas that would be helpfull. Thanks jason

I should be able to push it with very little force. I not talking about trying to get the axle cap with acorn washer off. I have the cap and about 2" of the shaft off it's the rest of the I can't get out.

sounds like its stuck on the spider gear and you gunna need a bigger hammer

or maybe theres a lip in the housing that the axle is getting caught on see if you can rotate it 180 degrees and maybe it might jump over what ever it is getting caught on

Paul

It either could be deformed by the same stress wich it was broken down. Might be turned over along its length and in the spline area also.

I'm also for a hammer and thinking over there's no reason to make any more damage this way.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Bigger hammer. And I also duct tape a strong magnet to a long rod to get out pieces of broken axle. A little fishing will get u a lot of metal.

Slide a piece of PVC or tube over the broken end so it won't hang up on anythingand got to the other side and give it a good whack. Than use the magnet for the pieces of metal

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Thanks for all the help I finally got it out. started with a 5 pound hammer that wasn't getting it. So I got a 20 pound hammer bfh and 10 good hits it came out the other side. Splines look fine not sure what was holding it maybe a little sludge thanks again Jason