Anybody on here ride?

MACKS

Man! What a difference 35 years make in custom bikes. In 1980 mine was cutting edge, now it's looked at as an old, odd looking curiosity. Same as my 1948 Servi-car and 1950 Hydra-Glide. Both tank shifts, foot clutches and both have reverse. (the '50 had a side car when pop bought it in 1950)

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

You have so many neat bikes guys, I like them all.

Just no luck with the like button currently.

And if I ride along your highways I wouldn't have a sport bike. Cruisers of the kind the most of you have is the way to go :twothumbsup:

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

This is newest one of 3 I own. Bought it new in 1971, built it into this configuration in 1980. Licensed, insured and inspected and haven't riden it in 2 years. Sits with my 1948 Servi-car from Belgrave Oldsmobile and my dads 1950 Hydra- Glide Dresser with 1400 miles Paul

sport2_zps7a488a75.jpg

excellent,,,didnt know you had all that cool iron,,,,love those drum brakes,,,,i hadda 47 45 years ago,,,hadda lotta fun with it was a baskit,,,and put it all together,,,,and made a buck on it...bob

This was my ride but sold it last year. 1984 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk original with less than 2600 miles. Owned it about two (2) years and only rode it once (~100 miles). Second pic is my current ride.

post-3289-0-29619200-1433092350_thumb.jp

post-3289-0-95392800-1433092419_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

excellent,,,didnt know you had all that cool iron,,,,love those drum brakes,,,,i hadda 47 45 years ago,,,hadda lotta fun with it was a baskit,,,and put it all together,,,,and made a buck on it...bob

Single Mechanical Brake. . . Not Brakes. ;)

Had a shop from 1975 til 1983 called Genuine Motorcycle and Machine in Glen Cove. I did Indians, Harleys and all British. I personally owned over the years a 1947 Triumph 500, a 1957 K model (grand daddy of the sporty) 1922 JD, a 1940 ULA , a 1946 Knuckle (punched out to 80c.i., a 1971 Super Glide and a 1947 and 1952 Indian Chiefs.

I'm 62 years old. Riding since 1970 and have never ridden a German or Japanese bike. Pop told me in 1969 if I brought home a Jap Bike he would kick my A$$ all over N.Y.S. So my first was a 1965 Electra Glide that was in a house fire. What a money pit.

How I kept the Sporty all these years is a mystery to me.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

wow excellent ive hadda few jappers to start off on,,,but i do like your pops oppinion,,,that 65,,,,musta been way cool,,,,my first harley was a 74 electraglide pretty cool bike but what a viberating (SOB) about beat you to deathgotta photo of it,,,but as usually cant post it.lol.bob

Single Mechanical Brake. . . Not Brakes. ;)

Had a shop from 1975 til 1983 called Genuine Motorcycle and Machine in Glen Cove. I did Indians, Harleys and all British. I personally owned over the years a 1947 Triumph 500, a 1957 K model (grand daddy of the sporty) 1922 JD, a 1940 ULA , a 1946 Knuckle (punched out to 80c.i., a 1971 Super Glide and a 1947 and 1952 Indian Chiefs.

I'm 62 years old. Riding since 1970 and have never ridden a German or Japanese bike. Pop told me in 1969 if I brought home a Jap Bike he would kick my A$$ all over N.Y.S. So my first was a 1965 Electra Glide that was in a house fire. What a money pit.

How I kept the Sporty all these years is a mystery to me.

Wow thats some history,how did you like the Indian bikes and what do think about them now?they are good looking bikes but i heard there were problem years concerning the engine.

Wow thats some history,how did you like the Indian bikes and what do think about them now?they are good looking bikes but i heard there were problem years concerning the engine.

Totally opposite from riding any other bike. Left hand throttle, right side tank shift # speed with neutral between each gear. They were done that way so you could ride and shoot a pistol. One tank was all fuel, the other was half an oil tank for engine and the tank were all soldered together. Ride was nice as they had a sprung rear axle and a sprung seat post. I liked the springer front end better than the Hydraulic front end. The engines were like any low compression flat head, out of time or crap fuel and if you ran aluminum heads carry a 5/8 box wrench and spare head gaskets. I think the 80' Chief engine was more ballsy the the UL engine. Belt driven generators which was easily converted to a GM alternator. Looks wise with the skirted fenders, gen belt guard, full chain cover and tool box painted up right, they are the most pleasing bike to look at IMO. My Super Glide I put Indian Chief fenders on it.

THe New Indians are cool. They have the looks and style but to me they could have done like H.D. and give the power plant more Indian heritage.

Power plant is Polaris I think and quite a few had oiling problems. The fix was like H.D. did on the early '66 to '67 Shovel heads with an oil line between the heads to prevent the rocker shafts from going dry.

If you all want I'll dig out some of my ancient photos of the K. Servi Car and Chiefs and post them up. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

Totally opposite from riding any other bike. Left hand throttle, right side tank shift # speed with neutral between each gear. They were done that way so you could ride and shoot a pistol. One tank was all fuel, the other was half an oil tank for engine and the tank were all soldered together. Ride was nice as they had a sprung rear axle and a sprung seat post. I liked the springer front end better than the Hydraulic front end. The engines were like any low compression flat head, out of time or crap fuel and if you ran aluminum heads carry a 5/8 box wrench and spare head gaskets. I think the 80' Chief engine was more ballsy the the UL engine. Belt driven generators which was easily converted to a GM alternator. Looks wise with the skirted fenders, gen belt guard, full chain cover and tool box painted up right, they are the most pleasing bike to look at IMO. My Super Glide I put Indian Chief fenders on it.

THe New Indians are cool. They have the looks and style but to me they could have done like H.D. and give the power plant more Indian heritage.

Power plant is Polaris I think and quite a few had oiling problems. The fix was like H.D. did on the early '66 to '67 Shovel heads with an oil line between the heads to prevent the rocker shafts from going dry.

If you all want I'll dig out some of my ancient photos of the K. Servi Car and Chiefs and post them up. Paul

Thanks for the info,I for one would love to see any your old photos if its not to much of a hassle..

That picture is frigging awesome,sitting on a Harley with a Mack hat on,don't get no better than that.

lol...thanks man,,,that was my first harley,,,and my 3rd mack,,,,bought a cruiseliner,,back then,,,and they gave me that hat for free...bob

Awesome,every one of them,thanks for posting the pictures,are you saying that actual bike was in the movie?

Not the movie! Easy Riders Magazine , It was in the December 1979 issue with Willie Nelson on the cover. 1 page with four pics from Laconia, New Hampshire Weirs Beach Show in June of 1978. When Laconia was always a "lost weekend" Went there 14 years in a row and never saw the Bike Races, never got past the endless cruise on Main street and Weirs Beach parties.

P.T.CHESHIRE

1982 450 NightHawk.

Weight and handling the thing off/on the front porch was a major consideration...

I love the bike. It's plenty fast enough to get into trouble, lightweight, easy on fuel and repairs/maintenance are a breeze.

I'd gone 36 years without. 2012 found me deciding to give in to the annual fever I'd get and I found this little project waiting to go back on the road, having sat since 1985 with 12,300 on her.

Except for tires, paint and a few cosmetic things, it's all original. Still has the factory-installed plugs in it.

I knew what I was going to do when I decided to bring her home.

It carries a fire engine theme and gets a fair amount of approval and compliments.

She is my therapist.

Like you shoe!! Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

1982 450 NightHawk.

Weight and handling the thing off/on the front porch was a major consideration...

I love the bike. It's plenty fast enough to get into trouble, lightweight, easy on fuel and repairs/maintenance are a breeze.

I'd gone 36 years without. 2012 found me deciding to give in to the annual fever I'd get and I found this little project waiting to go back on the road, having sat since 1985 with 12,300 on her.

Except for tires, paint and a few cosmetic things, it's all original. Still has the factory-installed plugs in it.

I knew what I was going to do when I decided to bring her home.

It carries a fire engine theme and gets a fair amount of approval and compliments.

She is my therapist.

How do you like that demon windshield,thinking about getting one for my bike,is it easy to take off?

These are ones I had years ago. Still have the Servi Car and the Hydra-Glide. Can't find my Knuclehead photos yet.

1922 JD Constant loss oil system.

1922%20JD_zpsrfshzv76.jpg

1957 750 Flathead K model Technically the papa of the Sportster

1957%20KHK_zpsz5kboibk.jpg

Servi Car 1st build in 1980's

1947%20SERVICAR%201_zpsrwnshger.jpg

Resto started in 1982

1947%20SERVICAR%202_zpsd8q40odf.jpg

My pops 1950 Hydra Glide after redo. 1400 original miles.

1950%20HYDRA%20GLIDE_zpsxtqtq49a.jpg

My 1947 and 1953 Indian Chiefs in March of 1982

47%2053%20INDIANS_zpsfubrexic.jpg

My 1975 Super Glide in 1978, appeared in Easy Rider in 1979

1975%20SHOVEL%202_zpsqt1amr41.jpg

1975%20SHOVEL%201_zpshoc92ftc.jpg

My shop in Glen Cove around 1982

1982%20SHOP_zpsngu7v1hu.jpg

forgot to mention,,,,man you have had some really cool shit...wow...bob