Can't Fix Stupid (JB Hunt edition)

RowdyRebel

i always was under the understanding that "stupid" and j b hunt went hand in hand.

the same way if you put a 1 foot square patch of ice on the road surface, 6 swift drivers will find it and slide off the road.

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Just elect Hillary and you won't have to worry about it.

post-3242-0-66514600-1432258529_thumb.jp

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I had a driver ask me one nite. Said he was 200 lbs over gross and wanted to know if he let the air out of 2 tires would that be enough to make him legal. Being the nice kind considerate professional I said sure that is all you need to do.

As far as Hilly Rodman she is twice as bad as slick Willie ever dared be. The good ole USA can't stand another 8 years of her.

• Like 1

This is Mack country. On a quiet night you can hear a peterbilt rust away.

I always thought that one of the basic requirements for any driver shoulld be to know the basics on how your vehicle systems work, but like Home Depot getting sued (and losing) because of a job requirement to be able to do 4 basic math problems with a calculator !

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

There is no requirement to actually know anything to get your CDL, as long as you can memorize a list of parts you are supposed to check so you can recite the list and say you're making sure the part isn't "cracked/broken/missing". You don't have to point to them or even know what they look like, as long as you're standing in the general area of where you might be if you actually knew what you were looking for (don't worry, the list tells you where to stand, too).

On another board, there's a driver complaining that he got written for 393.47© during a roadside inspection, and argued with the officer that "that isn't even pretrippable". If you are under there checking brake drums & linings for wear and/or cracks, and checking slacks to make sure they are adjusted correctly, how could you miss the fact that one is longer than the other? The officer didn't...and it sucks to be you. Sure, the shop that installed the mis-matched slack is incompetent...but it is your job to catch that sort of crap before you're on the road.

Too many people think they know it all...but they haven't a clue just how much they don't know...or how much of what they THINK they know that simply isn't true.

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Don't get me wrong, I love females.... But am yet to find one who will admit she is wrong.

You mean your wife has never told you she never should have married you?

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

There is no requirement to actually know anything to get your CDL, as long as you can memorize a list of parts you are supposed to check so you can recite the list and say you're making sure the part isn't "cracked/broken/missing". You don't have to point to them or even know what they look like, as long as you're standing in the general area of where you might be if you actually knew what you were looking for (don't worry, the list tells you where to stand, too). On another board, there's a driver complaining that he got written for 393.47© during a roadside inspection, and argued with the officer that "that isn't even pretrippable". If you are under there checking brake drums & linings for wear and/or cracks, and checking slacks to make sure they are adjusted correctly, how could you miss the fact that one is longer than the other? The officer didn't...and it sucks to be you. Sure, the shop that installed the mis-matched slack is incompetent...but it is your job to catch that sort of crap before you're on the road. Too many people think they know it all...but they haven't a clue just how much they don't know...or how much of what they THINK they know that simply isn't true.

I know it's not required for a CDL or even a regular license, but if they work for me they better know sh*t from shinola. I don't expect them to be a mechanic but at least have common sense. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

...which is why I don't have more trucks than I can drive myself. I hold myself to a high standard, and wouldn't expect anything less from an employee. I wouldn't ask an employee to do anything I wouldn't do, and would expect them to do anything I have done. I understand if they haven't yet had the opportunity to learn something...and if that were the case, I'd work with them...but if the reason they don't know something is because they don't care to learn? You're done here. If I bought a second truck, with the "drivers" these days? I doubt I could keep somebody behind the wheel.

• Like 2
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

My first job was a camp counselor at a Boy Scout camp. First thing the camp director told us is "You are an employee of the camp. ANYTHING at the camp that needs to be done IS YOUR JOB! I don't care if your job title is 'nature instructor' if we need help at the waterfront with swim checks, THAT is your job! I don't care if you are a 'scoutcraft instructor', if the commissary needs help preparing the food to send out to the units, THAT is your job! If I hear ANYONE utter the words 'that ain't my job', they'll be on the next bus home."

It has stuck with me for all these years...I just get the job done. Don't care what my job title is, it needs to be done so let's do it. Too many with the "I'm a driver, not a _________"...or "I don't get paid to do _________" attitude these days.

• Like 2

I was taught the same thing. You get a wage, you get the same pay whether doing what "your job title" is, or picking up crap. Too proud to do it? than you can sit tall and proud in the seat for your unemployed ride home.

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE