Gotta love the country part II

41chevy

Most of you know I'm stuck here until my separation / divorce is over dropped or what ever.A move to Fork Union changes my legal status.

So the Township of Riverhead has passed laws on farm use...amount and hours of irrigation, 3.5% nitrate in fertilizer balance of nitrates must be "natural" (poop?) and dust control when plowing or harvesting.

They use the Government version of Google Earth (hi def) and drones for locating illegal pools, sheds, decks and illegal vehicles.

They have ticketed road side farm stands for non ADA compliance and for health issues because of being near the road.... auto pollution ya know.

Code enforcement with chek dog licences and spot check to make sure the he poop is not accumulating and pollutin the ground water...$250 fine for non compliance

Out door festivals mainly the Polish Polka Fest and the German May day Festival can on longer sell beer. Only in doors in a licenced bar or restaurant.

Helicopters are banned from town airspace from 6 p.m. Friday until 6 a.m. Monday so it does not annoy the waterfront homes. Their bitch was that the 106th air Rescue Wing is exempt!

Now we Have the ULTIMATE YUPPIE STUPIDITY!

NEWSDAY MAY 13 RIVERHEAD TOWN SEAT

RIVERHEAD - Civic leaders in Riverhead are calling for increased safety measures regarding trucks that travel along their local two-lane roadways.

Neil Krupnick, of the Riverhead Civic Association, says the trucks are so large that they need to use the oncoming traffic lane just to make a turn and you can not see around them to pass on the narrow roads.

"They also go extremely fast," said Krupnick. "The speed limit is 45 mph and it's not unusual for these trucks to be clocked at 75 or faster." Some of those trucks contain oil from the Northville United Riverhead Terminal.

The Riverhead Town Board says it is considering an 8 ton weight limit on all Village and Town and local roads.

Riverhead Supervisor Sean Walter says weight limits on every local road realistic for the safety of children, bicyclists and joggers, but the town is studying the situation and may designate an area to unload to smaller safer trucks for pick up and deliveries.

The owner of Northville United Riverhead Terminal says there has not been an accident involving his trucks in 50 years.

Riverhead Town Board is holding a public hearing on setting a weight limit and or a semi truck ban on May 20.

If it was in my power no truck would enter the township at all for about a month. Cold and hungry yet?

Hmmmmm no gasoline, diesel or heating oil, no restock for supermarkets, stores like Wallys World or K Mart, no moving fruits and vegetables to market, no building supplies or new cars... Good for them!

an article in yesterdays wall street journal addressed this specific issue nationwide try and find it and read it regulations gone amuck was the title guide lines as to what to do about all the regulotory idiocy being foisted on every one

Paul thats just nucking futs!!! let them dumb idiots live by their laws, then remind them a school bus weighs more than 8 tons and watch all them idiots scream that they have to haul the kids back and forth.hopefully as you stated all major busness lock their doors in protest over having to haul in supplys with a 1 ton, hopefully shelf prices doubble on needed daily comoditys. then see if the idiots can put 2 and 2 together!

Paul thats just nucking futs!!! let them dumb idiots live by their laws, then remind them a school bus weighs more than 8 tons and watch all them idiots scream that they have to haul the kids back and forth.hopefully as you stated all major busness lock their doors in protest over having to haul in supplys with a 1 ton, hopefully shelf prices doubble on needed daily comoditys. then see if the idiots can put 2 and 2 together!

The town next to me imposed weight restrictions on all the roads the restaurant in town went under they depended on the income from the truck drivers coming in for breakfast. Now for the stupid award of the day they can no longer hang their wash outside on a line to dry because its been deemed unsightly to the neighbors and not the image the village wants to project.

One thing that apparently the group does not realize is that Rte 58 - Main Road is the only way to get to and from the entire North Fork, Can't use it with out going through the Township of Riverhead

The school buses are generally almost empty, only the poor children take the bus. Most of the parents feel the buses are a "terrorist" target so most drive their kids to school.

As for clothes lines, they tried that and took it off the books after about 2 months. Around 20 or 30 residents put sheets and pillow cases on their flag poles. After they made the local news the law was voided. Can't ticket a "flag" .

FWD was surprised by some of the Towns ordinances. I had to remove close to 20 trees no larger than 6 inches around to get an old Combine off my property line near the road. I needed to have the town come down and approve the removal of the trees and determine if any were on town property. After waiting 2 years for the permit and re inspections 4 times of the trees, I decided that it's been parked since 1955 it can stay there.

For most of the people our Towns on Long Island are confusing to non New Yorkers The Island is made up of The Borough of Queens and Brooklyn, The County of Nassau and the County of Suffolk. Nassau and Suffolk each have a 1/2 dozen or so towns, each town is made up of villages. So for me the Town of Riverhead's town seat is the Village of Riverhead . All goes back to the Dutch and English tat settled here originally I suppose.

Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Don't forget-FIRE TRUCKS weigh a lot more than 8 tons

Like most laws here in N.Y. the Municipal, County, State and Emergency vehicles are exempt. Plus the law they want seems to only target semi's. My question is when I come back up from down south with my unit, if I go to the farm where I park it.... will I ever be able to leave there? Or will I have to Rubber Duck / Mad Max it out of there ?? Tune in next week for the latest chapter of "I are smarter than you, cause I are edamuckated and have soft hands. ( part 3 in the hit series ) "As the Weasels Burn" brought to you by the L.I. save the stupid.org

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Time to get out Paul.....and you hit the nail on the head with the "soft hands" comment...

80% of my stuff is already moved to Va. The only big pieces left to move are my A car, my wrecked R685 and my mail box. That will be last because I need a crane to put the mailbox on my trailer.

Carlot Interesting article. we are entering in to regulation hell I feel

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

hmmmmmmm...i'm still wondering how you can control the dust when you're disking a plowed field...only plow and disk when it's raining?..but what if it doesn't rain?..or what if it's too wet to plow?

The solution according to Riverhead is to have a misting system on the harrow, plow or rake. You know use our limited amount of water on a system that clogs up everything and won't work anyhow!... Morons All!!!

Remember New York City, Nassau and Suffolk counties on Long Island have tons of stupid laws, here's are a few.

New York State Laws

• When one is in a elevator, one is not permitted to talk to anyone and must look straight ahead at the door with one's arms crossed.
  • You are not allowed to divorce for irreconcilable difference unless the parties agree to it.
  • It is illegal for people to stand in public with two or more other people with their faces covered by masks or disguising their identity.
  • Slippers are not to be worn after 10pm
  • It is legal for women to be topless in public, as long as it is not for business purposes.
  • People cannot greet each other with their thumb up against their nose while wiggling their fingers.
  • It is against the law to throw a ball at someone's face for fun.
  • A license $50) must be purchased before hanging clothes on a clothesline.
  • A person is not allowed to walk around Sundays with an ice cream cone in his or her pocket.
  • $25 fine will be levied for flirting.
  • It is illegal for women to wear body hugging clothing.
  • Jumping off a building to commit suicide is illegal and punishable by fine and or 20 years in jail.

Nassau County Laws

• It is illegal to be naked or fondle yourself in public unless you are breastfeeding or under 10 years old.
  • It is unlawful to operate a mechanical bull.
  • It is illegal to sell trading cards to minors depicting a heinous crime, an element of a heinous crime or a heinous criminal.
  • It is illegal to feed migratory waterfowl.
  • It is illegal to sell broad tipped markers or paint to minors in fear of vandalism.
  • It is illegal to possess a colored handgun.
  • An employee is allowed seven days paid leave to donate bone marrow or 30 days paid leave as an organ donor. They can do this only if they provide their supervisor with written notice no less than 14 days before the surgery unless it is an emergency.

Suffolk County Laws

• Anyone under the age of 16 cannot play commercial video games during school hours on any weekday that school is in session. (Town of Riverhead)
  • It is illegal to shoot a bow and arrow.
  • Residents must remove snow, ice, dirt or any other object or material from the sidewalk between the property line and curb line within four hours that snow, ice, dirt, object, or material on the sidewalk, except from 9 pm to 7 am.
  • You cannot disrobe in your car alone.
  • It is illegal to hold a picnic in public. (Suffolk County Parks Dept.)
  • One cannot release 25 or more helium balloons within a 24- hour period.
  • It is illegal to perform a concert under another band's name.
  • You cannot sell marijuana-flavored candy.
  • It is illegal to sell alcohol to a habitual drunkard.
  • Like 2

P.T.CHESHIRE

I think that the fogging system that clouds their brains should be ample to cover any agricurtural activitys! :whistling:

Their minds are clear. . . everyday the White House Uni-corns bring their medication in the form of clouds and faireys. No real world living for them

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

incredible,,,theres no end to political bullshit,,,thanks for sharing,,,we have a house here in reno,,,sells incredible authentic mexican food all under the table no permits,,and thier food is incredible,,,lotta people go there.lol.god lovem everyone keep it quiet and no one seems to mind,,,thier all illegal.and dont follow any rules...sorry to hear about your divorce,,,that sucks wind,,,,,i hope the best for you....bob

And than they go ahead and install hundreds of acres of solar panels in the farm fields on Edwards Av,the people have not problem with that?its the most unsightly thing iv seen in years,Id rather see the dust trailing behind a tractor plowing said fields any day!!

• Like 2

And than they go ahead and install hundreds of acres of solar panels in the farm fields on Edwards Av,the people have not problem with that?its the most unsightly thing iv seen in years,Id rather see the dust trailing behind a tractor plowing said fields any day!!

AMEN,,,right there with ya...bob

A few of us tried to lease farm acreage to the Solar Company. Brookhaven and Riverhead would not approve the permits... said it was unsightly, BUT since the "solar farm" for the Brookhaven National Labs it's O.K. over 4500 panels.

The one on Eduards ave is 180 panels ($487,000 to install and saves $8500 in electric bills) and owned by LIPA and is only for the Peconic Winery nobody else. Riverhead town loves wineries because the say they are Enviromentally friendly unlike farms. :(

The Delea Sod farms in Shoreham are now being taken by Emminent Domain for LIPA to put in 750 solar arrays for the local school, bus garage and Brookhaven town yard.

But it did create jobs, town supervisor Walters brother owns the company that keeps the solar arrays clean. Go figure!

P.T.CHESHIRE

And then there are wind turbine farms and turbines along the top of mountains. Not only ugly but can be noisy (if you live close) and ultimately I feel they will alter the wind/weather patterns.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"