Getting ready to say goodbye

Geske's in Crystal Lake IL had one that they cut the rearends off and used the power train to power the plant. I heard Randy Griebel bought it from them, but then sold it. I never got a chance to go see it. That is an awesome find.

It's for sale again. I tried to buy it from Randy,but was a day late,worse part about it it's been painted.

• Like 1

I just don't understand some people. It's a piece of history. Don't go changing it.

I hope you can maybe get that one also.

I know,just like repainting a Magnum or Liberty. I never will forget the 300 demonstrator F model our local dealer had. It was so cool to see a F model that wasn't green or red. We were one of the last to get it for a week,then it went to the paint shop for a nice green paint job and into the Nelson fleet it went.

I doubt if I get the one Randy had. He's wanting way too much for what it is.Only chance I'd have is if Randy gets it back,he likes to trade.

• Like 1

Wow it really did get dark. I need a roll back like that. I have been paying to have stuff hauled around this winter. I should have bought that R model out here that someone tried to flip.
What are the new owner's plans? Parts trucks? Restore? Inventory?
I had bought a bunch of trucks in the past to save from the scrapper. Unfortunately that had to slow down dramatically after the township tagged all the cars and trucks I had sitting outside. I hate to see old trucks scrapped, but I don't have anywhere to go with them. Cost can add up quickly even if they are only a few hundred a piece.

Did i miss something? What was the incident that made you more selective about prospective adoptive parents/ buyers?

Mike

Wow it really did get dark. I need a roll back like that. I have been paying to have stuff hauled around this winter. I should have bought that R model out here that someone tried to flip.

What are the new owner's plans? Parts trucks? Restore? Inventory?

I had bought a bunch of trucks in the past to save from the scrapper. Unfortunately that had to slow down dramatically after the township tagged all the cars and trucks I had sitting outside. I hate to see old trucks scrapped, but I don't have anywhere to go with them. Cost can add up quickly even if they are only a few hundred a piece.

Did i miss something? What was the incident that made you more selective about prospective adoptive parents/ buyers?

Mike

When the farms, sand mines on Eastern Long Island were breaking up for developers to fill with MAC MANSIONS I was hauling most all of the trucks and equipment away. I saved and found homes for most. The ones I kept for myself, was parting out or trying to find homes for were behind a fence on the back of my property. The dozen or so that were in view the Town cited me for. Added all of the to my collector policy as restoration in progress units, got NYS tags for them and the town can't do crap. Every one in view is legal as per their laws. I'd rather do the same as Mike than see them shredded and shipped to China.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE