dont care how straight it is, with that boat anchor gutless 401, its still only a 5k truck tops with the tilt bed

You talk about gutless, I drove a B421 dump truck In the early 70's, with a quad, constantly shifting all day! Terry

Maybe if it was restored and re powered. I agree with the others around $2000. I payed $1600 for mine as a rust free B-42 cab and chassis. Then repowered the whole thing. The 237/5 speed mentioned would be perfect way to go and a good price mentioned above. That guy needs to stop smoking whatever he has been. That frame is predrilled for diesel mounts and front crossmember by the way.

Edited by mattb73lt

Maybe if it was restored and re powered. I agree with the others around $2000. I payed $1600 for mine as a rust free B-42 cab and chassis. Then repowered the whole thing. The 237/5 speed mentioned would be perfect way to go and a good price mentioned above. That guy needs to stop smoking whatever he has been. That frame is predrilled for diesel mounts and front crossmember by the way.

If you repower with a diesel and especially a direct trans. the rear ratio has to be changed. terry

• Like 1